1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 12:30
    Here's an idea, Although i havn't really thought about the technical aspect of it --its still in the rough stages.

basically i'm thinking of some sort of marco - which, when programed automatically moves on your behalf.

Imagine you have a Game where you have a forced sequence of mate in 3 - you have worked out Black only has 3 moves, 2 of which completly illogical - so you know he will play - Kh4. and then log off for 24 hrs, it could take 3-4 days to actually finish.

so i was thinking wouldn't it be good if you have some sort of automatic move function....

you tell it -

"IF 1Kh4 Play Qh3+" - (IF Kh4 isn't played then nothing happens next time you log in its "your move" as usual)

**You have to tell it what to play-- nothing/nobody plays for you**

as soon as they play Kh4 the "Computer" instantly makes the move it was programmed to do - Qh3+ .while your openant is still online and they might decide to reply, thus speeding up the process....

it would be even better if you could "programme" it for 3-4 moves ahead.....

thoughts?? crap idea? already been thought of? don't understand what i'm saying??
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 14:42
    I think one of the competitors, Gameknot has it already. Might help, sounds complicated to implement. Might help on your time banks, but would cause foot draggers a lot of grief. Harder for them to stall a game when they are loosing.
  3. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 00:45
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I think one of the competitors, Gameknot has it already. Might help, sounds complicated to implement. Might help on your time banks, but would cause foot draggers a lot of grief. Harder for them to stall a game when they are loosing.
    Yeah, GK does have it, it's a brilliant function.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:57
    Conditional moves are an accepted part of correspondence play, but they might be difficult to implement in turn-based chess. A few sites offer this feature, but none as fully as might be desired.

If I have a forced checkmate in eight, I'd like to be able to enter the entire sequence, including the principle variations. If Russ could make that possible here, I'd be compelled to declare him an html genius.
  5. Earth Prime
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 17:06
    so if I'm tediously making moves in my games, I might have to suddenly make two moves in a row because someone put in a conditional? No thank you.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 03:28
    Last post of this thread, Thread 38905.

Also Coconut, your timeout period would start over again so you wouldn't have to move a second time. It would be no different from your opponent moving straight after you did, the game would go to the back of your queue.
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    05 Mar '06 14:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Also Coconut, your timeout period would start over again so you wouldn't have to move a second time. It would be no different from your opponent moving straight after you did, the game would go to the back of your queue.
    Well I hate it when that happens too. I just want to get the chore over with. 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree