1. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 13:34
    There are plenty of people who get an account at RHP, play one or two games, and spend all their time shovelling manure into the forums.

Guests can learn plenty about the site by playing their 6-game limit and VIEWING the forums. There's no reason to allow them to post comments.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 15:12
    Originally posted by Decanter
    There are plenty of people who get an account at RHP, play one or two games, and spend all their time shovelling manure into the forums.

Guests can learn plenty about the site by playing their 6-game limit and VIEWING the forums. There's no reason to allow them to post comments.
    great point... and i'll never have to hear from mateulose again.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 15:18
    Maybe limit non-subscribers to 6 posts a month or something - like their games.
  4. Joined
    18 Sep '03
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 15:29
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Maybe limit non-subscribers to 6 posts a month or something - like their games.
    ... or maybe a single forum that allows anyone to post, just to let them ask questions. But I don't understand why half the comments in the forum are coming from non-members who have maybe one or two active games, but post 10 or 20 comments a day.

I also suspect that there are probably members who create second accounts just to pick arguments in the forums. Locking down most of the forums would eliminate that behaviour too.
  5. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 16:07
    Originally posted by Decanter
    ... or maybe a single forum that allows anyone to post, just to let them ask questions. But I don't understand why half the comments in the forum are coming from non-members who have maybe one or two active games, but post 10 or 20 comments a day.

I also suspect that there are probably members who create second accounts just to pick arguments in the forums. Locking down most of the forums would eliminate that behaviour too.
    i agree, this would be good, but maybe instead of excluding non-members from the existing forums we could have a new members-only forum - not all the non-member posters are morons, some say are quite interesting things

marcussucrammarcussucrammarcus

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree