1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 21:32
    At the moment when you receive a message you have to open it before the notification is removed on the top right of the screen. Trouble is there's a lot of junk mail that you don't want to read.

My request is to have the notification to be cleared as soon as I click on it, rather than having to actually go into the message.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 02:21
    Or a turn off notifications option.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 02:32
    Instead of 'messages unread' it should be 'new messages' and as soon as you click on it it gets reset to zero regardless of whether you open it or not.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 11:44
    Originally posted by Trev33
    At the moment when you receive a message you have to open it before the notification is removed on the top right of the screen. Trouble is there's a lot of junk mail that you don't want to read.

My request is to have the notification to be cleared as soon as I click on it, rather than having to actually go into the message.
    I click on the notification get to Mymessages. If there are ones I don`t want I go to the right hand side and click the appropriate boxes and then click delete messages.

If we ant an improvement it would be a button either

* delete all
    or
    * delete all unread.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 01:542 edits
    You can delete all, hit 'select all' and then delete.

My point is you have to keep clicking to get rid of them... facebook for example has the same system that I want here. Click on the "1 message unread" and it disappears regardless if you read it or now.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 02:052 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I click on the notification get to Mymessages. If there are ones I don`t want I go to the right hand side and click the appropriate boxes and then click delete messages.

If we ant an improvement it would be a button either

* delete all
    or
    * delete all unread.
    I couldn't find the "delete all" button so went looking around and found "select all" which you follow with the "delete" button, so it's a two-click to delete all.

I usually select and delete all the junk mail as it comes (tourney messages) and leave the real messages. Would be nice to be able to request "no junk mail in my message box" though.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 13:40
    A separation of "notifications" and private messages is incoming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree