1. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 12:03
    It seems that you can only access the text of the messages sent back and forth during a game when it is your move... Why can't it be made available at all times?
    Cheers,
    Malinga
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 12:19
    You can access all the messages sent during a game by clicking on the 'message log', which is at the top right of the screen, next to 'game history'.
  3. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 12:49
    thanks david. i'm blind as well as thick!
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    You can access all the messages sent during a game by clicking on the [b]'message log', which is at the top right of the screen, next to 'game history'. [/b]
    Oddly enough, the last message (the one showing above your game) is not in the log, so at the end of as game if there's a parting fairwell or whatever, it never makes it to the log at all.

I strongly suspect nobody cares, but it's true.
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 16:10
    One thing that I think is missing is the ability to respond to your oponent after they resign or accept a draw. This seems the most important time to be able to respond because often a resignation is accompanied by a 'good game' message and it would be nice to be able to directy respond in kind.

Of course you can message them but its not always clear what game you are referring to.

A small thing but it would be a nice thing to promote civility and good chess relationships.

IMHO
  6. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 21:39
    Originally posted by Mavraam
    One thing that I think is missing is the ability to respond to your oponent after they resign or accept a draw. This seems the most important time to be able to respond because often a resignation is accompanied by a 'good game' message and it would be nice to be able to directy respond in kind.

Of course you can message them but its not always clear w ...[text shortened]... all thing but it would be a nice thing to promote civility and good chess relationships.

IMHO
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I recently offered a draw to an opponent rated 200 points above me because it was a drawn position... but wouldn't you know it? I botched the game by interchanging two moves. So I resigned and included a message "You were right to decline the draw offer, because there is a reason peope are rated 200 points below you - and I am proof!"

Anyways, he never received the final message. 🙁
  7. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    31 Jan '05 22:02
    just want to agree with mavraam here - after the game has finished there should be an easy option to message your opponent and 'thank' them or whatever 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree