1. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    51169
    17 Jul '07 15:26
    I play a lot from work (I'm a civil servant after all) and access to certain sites is closed. Redhotpawn is firewalled for me. As is Timeforchess and now this morning Chessatwork is also gone.

    I'm down to just playtheimmortalgame.

    Please please set up a few more to get around these pesky IT types. Otherwise I may eventually have to do some work.
  2. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    38549
    17 Jul '07 15:30
    Originally posted by malinga
    I play a lot from work (I'm a civil servant after all) and access to certain sites is closed. Redhotpawn is firewalled for me. As is Timeforchess and now this morning Chessatwork is also gone.

    I'm down to just playtheimmortalgame.

    Please please set up a few more to get around these pesky IT types. Otherwise I may eventually have to do some work.
    Try redhotchess.com

    😉
  3. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    51169
    17 Jul '07 16:11
    Good man that works too. Sound, I don't feel so nervous now that I have 2 options. Still would prefer more though.
  4. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    38549
    17 Jul '07 16:19
    Originally posted by malinga
    Good man that works too. Sound, I don't feel so nervous now that I have 2 options. Still would prefer more though.
    Until the IT department decides to put that under their restrictions too!!

    Either that or have a quiet word with them!!

    😉
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    17 Jul '07 16:22
    Originally posted by rmacken
    Try redhotchess.com

    😉
    What about www.DontFireMeWhilePlayingChess.com ?
    or www.PleaseLetMePlayChess.com ?
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    17 Jul '07 16:311 edit
    Try:

    http://www.buzzsurf.com/surfatwork/


    http://www.tech-faq.com/bypass-websense.shtml



    Disclaimer:
    If you get caught and fired don't blame me.
  7. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    17 Jul '07 16:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What about www.DontFireMeWhilePlayingChess.com ?
    or www.PleaseLetMePlayChess.com ?
    www.notplayingchess.com
    www.timeforwork-oops.com
    www.justonemoremove.com
  8. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    51169
    17 Jul '07 17:00
    Thanks for the replies lads. As I said I'm a civil servant so in Ireland that means I can only be fired for one of the following:

    1) Theft of Government property
    2) Actual violence toward a colleague at work.

    Since I'm neither violent nor a thief (just bone lazy!) I'm safe enough.
  9. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    51169
    17 Jul '07 17:01
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Try:

    http://www.buzzsurf.com/surfatwork/


    http://www.tech-faq.com/bypass-websense.shtml



    Disclaimer:
    If you get caught and fired don't blame me.
    Both of these addresses are also firewalled so no good there.

    Thanks though.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    17 Jul '07 18:27
    Originally posted by malinga
    Both of these addresses are also firewalled so no good there.
    Thought they might be. 🙁
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    890221
    18 Jul '07 04:15
    I think an alternate name for the sight should be ACCOUNTING AND INTERNAL AUDITS.COM That should keep them guessing for awhile.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    93899
    18 Jul '07 08:31
    How about corrupting the morals of an IT person? sort of a BO approach.
  13. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Joined
    07 Oct '04
    Moves
    51169
    18 Jul '07 12:31
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    How about corrupting the morals of an IT person? sort of a BO approach.
    All that IT stuff is done off site in Dublin.

    One girl (who I know and used to work with) is in charge. She's uncorruptable. She is the most stuck up anti-fun moralistic bore I have ever met. That's why she has the job.
  14. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    38549
    18 Jul '07 12:48
    Originally posted by malinga
    All that IT stuff is done off site in Dublin.

    One girl (who I know and used to work with) is in charge. She's uncorruptable. She is the most stuck up anti-fun moralistic bore I have ever met. That's why she has the job.
    Do you want me to have a word??

    😉
Back to Top