1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 22:38
    Ok, here's an idea that's probably impossible but I wanna just throw it out there anyway because I'm quite mad with myself at the moment...

How about a limited number of "take-backs" we can use where - upon making and submitting a move that is indescribably bad and you immediately wish you had never ever played it (ever!) - you can use one of these "take-backs" to give yourself a chance of not feeling rather stupid and losing valuable sleep, especially on days where you have to get up in less than 5 hours time to go to work.

There can perhaps be only a short length of time where you can use this feature (e.g. within 10 minutes of the move, for those who only seem to spot their error right after they click submit ) and you can only use it once in any single game. This is to stop a player from dragging a game along.

I suggest maybe 12 "take-backs" a year, so 1 per month... I understand this will probably never be implemented, and not sure if even possible, but I just wanted to have a little moan.

I might as well have suggested free coffee samples sent to anyone who blunders pieces away, keep them more alert... dammit all! 😠
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 13:26
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Ok, here's an idea that's probably impossible but I wanna just throw it out there anyway because I'm quite mad with myself at the moment...

How about a limited number of "take-backs" we can use where - upon making and submitting a move that is indescribably bad and you immediately wish you had never ever played it (ever!) - you can use one ...[text shortened]... e coffee samples sent to anyone who blunders pieces away, keep them more alert... dammit all! 😠
    Ok, which game did you just lose? 🙂
  3. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 14:08
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Ok, which game did you just lose? 🙂
    hehe, I haven't lost it yet, so I can't talk on a game in progress :p

The thread was meant to be a joke, so no need for the down-voters, whoever you are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree