1. Joined
    29 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 19:25
    I'm a long-time player new to the site, and I like it so far. It would be nice if a move list could be placed in the game window. This may sound a little odd, but when playing the opening, I often remember the proper move sequences by move number (i.e., 4.Nf3 comes before 5.Bc4).

Apparently the software code exists for this, because when you view someone else's game, you can play through the moves with a scrollable move list.

Off the subject (no comment necessary): I've read and I understand the reasons for the 1200 initial rating and the provisional rating system. However, I am not convinced that established players with USCF or other ELO ratings shouldn't be given the option of setting their initial rating at something other than 1200. I also don't agree with comments that it is irrelevant that ratings on this site aren't comparable with USCF or other ratings. Time will tell, but it seems to me that many of the ratings on here are high relative to USCF. I just find it annoying that I'll have to play or view a lot of games to answer this burning question 🙂
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 02:40
    After perusing the Developer Forum, I've discovered the wonderful Greasemonkey scripts, one of which provides the movelist that I mentioned in my original post.

It takes a little research to learn how to load Greasemonkey and load the scripts, but it is well worth it.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 14:57
    Originally posted by TenaciousE
    After perusing the Developer Forum, I've discovered the wonderful Greasemonkey scripts, one of which provides the movelist that I mentioned in my original post.

It takes a little research to learn how to load Greasemonkey and load the scripts, but it is well worth it.
    Welcome to the GM-FF club. 🙂
  4. Standard memberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 15:17
    Originally posted by TenaciousE

Caveat: the script is still a little wacky when handling pawn promotion. I haven't had enough test cases to get it fixed in the past and not enough time to get it fixed currently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree