Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 07 Feb '08 05:02
    I just posted my next couple of moves to my oponent . Ok, so it's my own fault and it was only opening stuff that he knows anyway but it could have been worse.

    A while back I can remember someone else did this to me too.

    I also find in the forums some discussion of this problem.

    Can we please move the "notepad" hyperlink down to the bottom of the options so it is not next to "message your oponent" ?

    Cheers.
  2. Standard member RDM
    07 Feb '08 05:45
    I find this post very amusing because I had almost had a heart attack last night when I almost messaged all my moves for the mate to my opponent.

    But I hadn't.
    But I might as well have because I am apparently an open book to my opponents

    But I'll agree with you on this one
  3. 07 Feb '08 12:12
    This has happened to me once or twice, but also I've typed a training instruction into the notebook instead of the message box, leaving my poor beginner without any clues on what to look for ....

    Either separate the position of the two text boxes, or make their appearance noticeably different, whichever is easier. Please do it soon!!!!
  4. 07 Feb '08 14:20
    Why not fool your opponent to do something of your liking? Just pretendeing you write your comment in the wrong area?

    Like: "If he does this then I do that". But if he does 'this', then you mate him with another 'that'.
  5. 08 Feb '08 13:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why not fool your opponent to do something of your liking? Just pretendeing you write your comment in the wrong area?

    Like: "If he does this then I do that". But if he does 'this', then you mate him with another 'that'.
    I've tried that twice, unfortunately my winning opponents were clever enough to recognise it as a ploy! (That's why they're winning.)

  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    08 Feb '08 21:15
    Originally posted by Simon McMahon
    I just posted my next couple of moves to my oponent . Ok, so it's my own fault and it was only opening stuff that he knows anyway but it could have been worse.

    A while back I can remember someone else did this to me too.

    I also find in the forums some discussion of this problem.

    Can we please move the "notepad" hyperlink down to the bottom of the options so it is not next to "message your oponent" ?

    Cheers.
    The good news is, you only do this ONCE!

    P-
  7. 08 Feb '08 23:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The good news is, you only do this ONCE!

    P-
    Oh yeah? Speak for yourself
  8. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    09 Feb '08 06:23
    this is a rite of inititiation to RHP. acutally, the rec makes a lot of sense and appears pretty often.
  9. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    10 Feb '08 22:56 / 3 edits
    Another thing; make note texts visually as noteworthy as the message texts written by an opponent. I always overlook the note text when it is placed on the right side in a little unnoticable box thingy. To potentially prevent this just a bit, I have to type something like:


    =====//////////%%%%%%@@@@@€€€€€€ Noteworthy text here ()()()()()()()()??????*********_______________________


    so that it somehow catches my eye due to characters that are distinctively and repeatedly used, preventing the text from being just a blur in my parafoveal view.
  10. 11 Feb '08 09:29
    How about just colouring the notebook text-box? If that's possible, that is ... notebook would stand out when viewing game, and impossible to confuse the boxes.
  11. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    11 Feb '08 13:00
    Originally posted by Simon McMahon
    I just posted my next couple of moves to my oponent . Ok, so it's my own fault and it was only opening stuff that he knows anyway but it could have been worse.

    A while back I can remember someone else did this to me too.

    I also find in the forums some discussion of this problem.

    Can we please move the "notepad" hyperlink down to the bottom of the options so it is not next to "message your oponent" ?

    Cheers.
    LOL Simon rec'd the post its funny you never messaged me your moves i wish you did though
  12. 12 Feb '08 06:14
    , I figured it would get a few laughs.

    I stopped using the notepad long ago because of this - that's why not too many secret plans got messaged, but I started using it again as game load increased.

    It looks like an easy fix so I hope Russ is watching...