1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 21:56
    Please move the 'notebook' link on the game page lower as it is too near to the 'message opponent' link. Not for the first time I have just accidently told my opponent what my next few moves will be 😠
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 23:04
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Please move the 'notebook' link on the game page lower as it is too near to the 'message opponent' link. Not for the first time I have just accidently told my opponent what my next few moves will be 😠
    You can not use the notebook untill after your move anyway. 😕
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 23:33
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Which is the same as 'message your opponent'. Only when you click on 'submit move' do you find that the white box you typed your secrets into was not actually the one under 'notebook', but 'message your opponent'. The point being that they are too close together and someone who has had a couple of glasses of red wine might (will) make a big boob.
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 00:09
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Yes you can -
    If it's your move and you've had some thoughts on the position but are too tired (or wasted - as is my case most often) to actually commit to the move, then entering the note book and hitting 'submit move' saves the notebook entry for the next time you visit.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 00:11
    Which is the same as 'message your opponent'. Only when you click on 'submit move' do you find that the white box you typed your secrets into was not actually the one under 'notebook', but 'message your opponent'. The point being that they are too close together and someone who has had a couple of glasses of red wine might (will) make a big boob.
    I agree though.
    I've once messaged my next thoughts, but about five or six times I've saved a notebook message instead of sending an in-game message. They are way too close together.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 00:42
    Did he thank you - lol.
  7. Vancouver, Canada
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 04:441 edit
    Thanks, that's the best laugh I've had all day!! 🙂

I can so see it happening, too, after a glass or two. Cheers!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 17:42
    I never write in English in Note box. So my opponent can't read it anyway.
    I have to take care when I play to other Swedes though.

Why not pretend that you write a secret when you want him to do something else than the best move? Bluffing is a good tactic in chess.
  9. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    29 Dec '06 08:55
    Whoever moved my notebook, please put it back. I know I left it near the computer, but it's not there now...

And someone's been drinking my bourbon...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree