move score with a chess engine

move score with a chess engine

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
04 Jul 13

When game has finished, moves would be analysed with a chess engine. For any completed game I would like to see where me or my opponent did wrong moves. This will give great feedback to make self improvement.

If this will cause lot of computer resource to analyse all completed matches , a simpler solution might be to put a button on analyse window where if I click chess engine then it shows the moves score.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
04 Jul 13

Originally posted by saltuka
When game has finished, moves would be analysed with a chess engine. For any completed game I would like to see where me or my opponent did wrong moves. This will give great feedback to make self improvement.

If this will cause lot of computer resource to analyse all completed matches , a simpler solution might be to put a button on analyse window where if I click chess engine then it shows the moves score.
this could be an exta premium feature, maybe just a nominal amount could cover the cost

s

Moves
05 Jul 13

Here is a good example of what I tried to to explain.

http://www.chessolympiadistanbul.com/livegames/games.php?section=0&round=11&match=0&board=0

s

Moves
05 Jul 13

I hope this feature to be added as free 😀

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Jul 13

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Jul 13

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Jul 13

Originally posted by saltuka
I hope this feature to be added as free 😀
It's a very sound idea, the games are concluded and it could well be an invaluable resource to many here. I wouldn't have a clue as regards the 'computer resources' required, but if the site could incorporate the use of its own engine, then that extra resource may be justified....and as 'coquette' has mentioned, perhaps RHP could utilise this feature on a commercial basis making use of that engine available to the RHP playing public for a small charge to non subscribers, and free to present subscribers, within the likes of an app, etc etc.
Here is the RHP 'Rival' engine, perhaps a 'suitable revenue based version' of this could be utilised ??: http://www.redhotpawn.com/rival/

M

Moves
16 Jul 13

I like this idea, I'm just giving some thought to annotating my own games (and hopefully learning from them), and a function like this would be very nice.

What might be an elegant solution if this was introduced might be rather than to simply put a computer positional rating next to each move, instead things might be set up to simply highlight moves that were strong, good, questionable or simply mistakes. Basically the notation of !?/ !/ !!/ ?!/ ?/ ?? that annotators use.

Moves
21 Jul 13

This could be added as an additional annotator, e.g. click a button to put
the game in a queue to be annotated - compute resource only devoted to this task when the site is otherwise idle. Throw in a queue length, and we have all the info we need.

A nice time saver for those who want it. I actually do this for all my completed games anyway.

I'd tend to see this as another subscriber benefit - either the ability to request annotation for one's own games, or the ability to read the new annotators comments.

Go on Russ - just a small task to occupy your mind while the site is moving ...