Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 18 Nov '10 14:25
    There is a somewhat large empty space to the right of the list of commands ('Refresh this board', 'Conditional move', etc.) that could be used as an optional window to display the game moves (preferably in figurine notation). This would be more immediate than scrolling through the Game Log funtion. What do you think?
  2. 20 Nov '10 14:18
    I wouldn't mind seeing something go there.

This isn't Google -- I'll take widgets over white space.
  3. 21 Nov '10 02:06
    Good suggestion. I hope the powers that be read the site ideas forum.
  4. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    21 Nov '10 19:28
    Rec'd. That is a damn good idea.
  5. 22 Nov '10 09:50 / 2 edits
    As a dinosaur who uses 800x600 resolution, I'd just ask that nothing mission-critical go there since I'd have to scroll to the right to see it. That's one of the reasons I love this site so much: the board perfectly fits 800x600.
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    22 Nov '10 10:51 / 1 edit
    Yes we read many of the comments that arrive here. The new UI was scheduled for Feb 2011, which will address most issues like this, but it may slip a little due to other commitments, but we are getting there.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    24 Nov '10 14:54
    Originally posted by Ellis Dee
    As a dinosaur who uses 800x600 resolution, I'd just ask that nothing mission-critical go there since I'd have to scroll to the right to see it. That's one of the reasons I love this site so much: the board perfectly fits 800x600.
    OMG!~ Mine Sweeper and Calculator also fit perfect I bet.

P-