Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 01 Mar '09 23:50
    I'm sure I asked for this about 3 months ago.

    You can show problems/studies/combinations/blunders.

    And rather than give the solution hoping the reader will play it out.

    All they have to do is click on 'play' and it shows the answer.

    The current PGN player just needs tweaked to accept a FEN file
    and it will work.
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    02 Mar '09 00:37
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I'm sure I asked for this about 3 months ago.

    You can show problems/studies/combinations/blunders.

    And rather than give the solution hoping the reader will play it out.

    All they have to do is click on 'play' and it shows the answer.

    The current PGN player just needs tweaked to accept a FEN file
    and it will work.
    Rec'd. It would also be nice if you could choose the starting position that readers will see when they open the thread. As it stands now, you always see the last position in a game. For a problem, it would be better in some cases to start from move 1.
  3. Standard member Nowakowski
    10. O-O
    02 Mar '09 21:53 / 6 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Rec'd. It would also be nice if you could choose the starting position that readers will see when they open the thread. As it stands now, you always see the last position in a game. For a problem, it would be better in some cases to start from move 1.
    agreed, being able to set from the starting position would be
    very beneficial to problem/puzzle solvers.

    Would also be nice if just like the "headers" if annotations could be
    viewed in the bottom pane by displaying the text immediately after
    the current move, and immediately before the next half move.

    Would really make viewing games in the forums more educational,
    and much more browsable.

    -GIN
  4. 04 Mar '09 21:19
    I second all these suggestions. I started another thread in 'Help' asking how I can open a posted FEN board in an analysis interface - essentially the same funcitonality as is being requested here, I think?

    It seems the only way is to paste the FEN into a non-RHP application. It's a shame and it does severely limit the forum experience.
  5. Standard member Nowakowski
    10. O-O
    13 Mar '09 07:42
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I'm sure I asked for this about 3 months ago.

    You can show problems/studies/combinations/blunders.

    And rather than give the solution hoping the reader will play it out.

    All they have to do is click on 'play' and it shows the answer.

    The current PGN player just needs tweaked to accept a FEN file
    and it will work.
    bump?
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    13 Mar '09 10:15
    I'm currently pouring quite a bit of time into RHP dev work, and have a priority hit list, and this is on it. So, no timescale, as I have made a few promises about other features elsewhere, but definitely within the next 2 months.
  7. 13 Mar '09 10:44
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'm currently pouring quite a bit of time into RHP dev work, and have a priority hit list, and this is on it. So, no timescale, as I have made a few promises about other features elsewhere, but definitely within the next 2 months.
    One easy fix is to allow us to write in white letters, white as its background. By marking the text with the mouse, then the text will show itself.

    Example: Why do dogs lick theirs behind? [white]Because they can.[/white]
  8. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    13 Mar '09 12:41
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    One easy fix is to allow us to write in white letters, white as its background. By marking the text with the mouse, then the text will show itself.

    Example: Why do dogs lick theirs behind? [white]Because they can.[/white]
    Thread 109745
  9. 13 Mar '09 16:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thread 109745
    [impressed]Now I am surprised? You are really quick, Russ![/impressed]

    Did you do this on the fly, or was it prepared in any way?

    Nice job, anyway!