Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 12 Nov '13 15:23
    It would be nice if you could create more folders to keep old games in. I tend to organize my games by openings, and I just don't have enough folders to deal with all of the openings that I encounter.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    12 Nov '13 21:45 / 1 edit
    In the interim, perhaps you could have a Mixed file where you put them until you get, say, 5 of the same opening. That way you might never use up the 24. Or possibly a set of 4: A-E,F-K,L-R,S-Z, for the less-often-seen ones.
  3. 13 Nov '13 01:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In the interim, perhaps you could have a Mixed file where you put them until you get, say, 5 of the same opening. That way you might never use up the 24. Or possibly a set of 4: A-E,F-K,L-R,S-Z, for the less-often-seen ones.
    Good idea. I went back and combined all folders that had just a few games in them. I'm now down to 14 folders in use.
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Nov '13 11:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Why are there so many secrets like this about this site? I didn't know that everyone can only have a max of 24 folders because I can't even imagine using that many.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    24 Nov '13 21:44
    There are a lot of things you only find out if you actually try using them. If the FAQ had everything in it, it would be a zillion pages long and nobody would read it.