1. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 05:53
    Don't know if this one has come up yet...

How about a button when you get into a thread that will automatically take you to your most recent post within that thread. This way, you can easily get up to speed on an active conversation.

Brian
  2. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 07:01
    Originally posted by BLReid

How about a button when you get into a thread that will automatically take you to your most recent post within that thread. This way, you can easily get up to speed on an active conversation.

Brian
    Just click on the last post link...
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 07:10
    Originally posted by Chakan
    Just click on the last post link...
    That takes you to the last post in the thread. BLReid wants a link to take you to your last post in a thread. Personally if you really can't remember what page you posted on I think it would be pretty simple to look through your post history.
  4. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 07:32
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That takes you to the last post in the thread. BLReid wants a link to take you to your last post in a thread. Personally if you really can't remember what page you posted on I think it would be pretty simple to look through your post history.
    True,

But as I am lazy by nature, I was hoping for a shortcut.
  5. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 08:28
    Sorry read your post wrong... early morning no coffee
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 12:19
    I want that button too!!!
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:29
    If we had a 'reply to thread notification' email [with the ability to turn it off and on] the poster would immediately find the conversation he [or she] was involved in.
    Most forums have this minor option.
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 08:46
    Originally posted by BLReid

Brian
    Before you leave the forum, try bookmarking the page where your most recent post are. Then, when you get back, use the bookmark and you'll be able to pick up where you left off.

I think just about all browsers has the bookmark feature nowadays.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    Before you leave the forum, try bookmarking the page where your most recent post are. Then, when you get back, use the bookmark and you'll be able to pick up where you left off.

I think just about all browsers has the bookmark feature nowadays.
    The problem with that is, for me, [and others, no doubt] I already have loads and loads of bookmarks and I'm trying to reduce the number of them - this would/could add many more.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 19:34
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The problem with that is, for me, [and others, no doubt] I already have loads and loads of bookmarks and I'm trying to reduce the number of them - this would/could add many more.
    I also have loads and loads of bookmarks. However, I created a folder called - surprise - RHP. In there I have all the threads I'm interested in. When I read a thread and need to bookmark the new location, naturally I overwrite the previous bookmark to that thread. Works elegantly for me. 🙂
  11. Under Cover
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 04:15
    That is a pretty good recommendation stocken. When I get a chance to re-subscribe I'll make a point of giving you a rec for something. 🙂

The only problem that I can see with it is that most of the time (right now anyway) I log on only at work, and am rather limited as to the bookmarks that I want to store there. This is my problem, I know, but I am sure that I am not the only one with this limitation (ex: all Chessatwork users).

Brian

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree