1. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 22:32
    I would like to see the "My Move" filter in My Games to include games that you can time out (ie. show the infamous skull).
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 23:58
    Originally posted by kwgoodwin
    I would like to see the "My Move" filter in My Games to include games that you can time out (ie. show the infamous skull).
    I'm not sure that is necessary when you can view them already via the 'Opponents Move' filter.
  3. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 16:11
    Originally posted by rhb
    I'm not sure that is necessary when you can view them already via the 'Opponents Move' filter.
    You can also view them without ANY filter. However, I expect that most people with a significant amount of games play with the "My Move" filter on and anything where they have a decision to make (e.g. move, draw, timeout) is what they are interested in seeing.
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 16:25
    You can also view them without ANY filter. However, I expect that most people with a significant amount of games play with the "My Move" filter on and anything where they have a decision to make (e.g. move, draw, timeout) is what they are interested in seeing.
    If it's my move I cannot time my opponent out, so wouldn't care for seeing the skull.
  5. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 16:48
    Originally posted by rhb
    If it's my move I cannot time my opponent out, so wouldn't care for seeing the skull.
    Exactly, but I think you're missing my point.

Choosing to timeout your opponent is a decision you need to make, just as chosing to move or accept a draw is a decision you have to make. I'd like to see the "My Move" filter to include any game where a decision is available to you, including timing out a game.
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 17:02
    Exactly, but I think you're missing my point.

Choosing to timeout your opponent is a decision you need to make, just as chosing to move or accept a draw is a decision you have to make. I'd like to see the "My Move" filter to include any game where a decision is available to you, including timing out a game.
    I kinda see where you are coming from, but still don't view it as necessary.

Choosing to timeout your opponent is a choice you can make, not a decision you need to make. As such maybe it deserves the extra legwork required (one click, one scroll from 'my moves'😉 for the luxury of the choice.

Deciding to move or accept a draw are decisions that you need to make, as if you don't you will most likely be timed out by your opponent. These options are both visible under 'my move' (draw offer is purpley colour).

I'd be amazed if more than 5% of anyones gameload had either the skull / draw decision against them. With 50 games in progress I can view everything via two clicks and two scrolls. I imagine it is not significantly different with 100 games going, maybe just an extra half second on each scroll.
  7. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 17:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    I kinda see where you are coming from, but still don't view it as necessary.

Choosing to timeout your opponent is a choice you can make, not a decision you need to make. As such maybe it deserves the extra legwork required (one click, one scroll from 'my moves'😉 for the luxury of the choice.

Deciding to move or accept a draw are decisions that you need to ...[text shortened]... ificantly different with 100 games going, maybe just an extra half second on each scroll.
    Certainly not a requirement to make a choice, just nice to be able to know when you do and don't have a choice. And yes, the alternative is to look at ALL games, but just requesting something that should be easy to impliment that I'd find nice. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree