1. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:45
    Languages.

To introduce translations, cover words used in other forums from various national speakers, to be able to spot abuse in other languages which moderators can't, and to introduce new cultural exchanges between this world site, with aview to translated poetry, stories, idioms and such like.

-m.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 23:35
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Languages.

To introduce translations, cover words used in other forums from various national speakers, to be able to spot abuse in other languages which moderators can't, and to introduce new cultural exchanges between this world site, with aview to translated poetry, stories, idioms and such like.

-m.
    Wow, that is indeed ambitious 😀
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 11:25
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Languages.

-m.
    You do realise this is primarily a chess site.

There are more than enough forums as it is
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 11:29
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You do realise this is primarily a chess site.

There are more than enough forums as it is
    It is indeed primarily a chess site; that has the best correspondence within all chess internet sites.

You like to correspond in forums, as many regular posters do 'from around the world.'

Languages are part of an integral learning, when interacting world wide with other users.

Do you think ' a sports forum ' has more credence than a potential 'Languages' forum?

I never see any worldwide sports debates, posts or validity of further interests in the sports forum. It is usually only football based, about two continents.

Languages are, however, universal; and a desire to exchange such are usually included within the realms of many a website that is declared as 'worldwide.'

Of course if you don't like my suggestion, then, you are welcome to only play chess, primarily.

-m. 😉
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 15:36
    What about you first get one thread going about this in Culture instead of asking for a whole forum?
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 15:49
    I ea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree