1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 17:29
    here's an Idea; how about A tutorial thread?

in this members make [chess] "how too" guides, and the make the basics sticky (eg. how to mate with.. when castling is legal...etc)

And as the idea picked up pace im sure someone others will put more advanced tutorials.....but the main purpose is to stop the darn chess forum being clogged up with n00b threads.
  2. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 23:37
    Originally posted by Shinidoki

in this members make [chess] "how too" guides, and the make the basics sticky (eg. how to mate with.. when castling is legal...etc)

And as the idea picked up pace im sure someone others will put more advanced tutorials.....but the main purpose is to stop the darn chess forum being clogged up with n00b threads.
    High Five 😛
  3. The sky
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 23:47
    Originally posted by Shinidoki

Basically I think that's a good idea which would make it easier to find the tutorials for those who are interested. But maybe it would work better as a tutorial section which is not open for posting, or only for posting in existing threads, to avoid that it gets clogged up with irrelevant posts / threads. Threads could either be moved to that section from the Chess Forum, or people interested in contributing could send their entries to a moderator who can post it.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:02
    "How to use too correctly"
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 13:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 13:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    For sure, screw the proles, they can't have evrything for free.

I think it's a great idea.
  7. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 14:42
    Originally posted by TheGambit
    For sure, screw the proles, they can't have evrything for free.

I think it's a great idea.
    Why not make the written tutorial posted on the forum freely available but also make some tournaments that start with set positions (like isolated d-pawn middlegames or BvN with pawns endgames). Of course the non-subs won't be able to access those, providing them with another incentive to join the site.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 22:14
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Of course the non-subs won't be able to access those, providing them with another incentive to join the site.
    There's a million and one chess tutorial sites online that scumbags can read for free - this lame suggestion would simply alienate them even more and drive them away - maybe.
  9. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 17:49
    I'm not so sure on the "sub" thing; the main Idea was to stop n00bs posting the same crap (eg, "I know a 4 move mate", "is K+Q v K a draw?"😉
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 21:51
    A chess-wiki - I like it!
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 11:46

12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:15
    The site probably wouldn't survive without us "free-loaders" playing here.

but anyway,

Lots of non-suscribers write or would write guides and so forth, but making it 'suscriber only' these people wouldn't even be able to post them.....
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:34

14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 16:00
    Carrots? We get carrots? Where's mine ye tight fisted siliconised calhoons! If they had them peeled, cut into strips and served with a dip I would renew every year.
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 19:55
    You misunderstand;

Imagine a two chess sites, in terms of features, etc both identical.

Site- A) has 10,000 members

Site -B) has 5,000 members

which site are you more likely to suscribe to? the one with more members or the one with less members?

My point is, us "Freeloaders" do contribute to the site, via forum posts, or just simply being another player the site can add to its roster.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree