Moves
    19 Aug '06 19:06
    OR
    Change is Good.
  2. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 02:03
    I think the new layout looks great. Well done to all concerned.
    B.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 03:28
    Originally posted by driveshaft
    I would much rather have it the old way...Don't fix it if it aint broke.Please put it back the way we had it.
    Yea, but if it ain't broke why fix it back the way it was before. It is fine now the way it is. Lol.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 07:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'll take another look at this next week.

-Russ
    Now the graph in my profile looks much better.
    Thanks Russ.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 09:131 edit
    I have but one opinion on the new profile page. Not a big deal and I really don't care if nobody agrees. But, shouldn't the profile pic still be in relation to the profile text, and the avatar invisible in the profile page?

Well, that's two opinions. Hee... 😕
  6. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 09:21
    I think it was a big mistake to move the graph into the middle and put the stats at the bottom. The most important information in a player's profile is their current rating, so this should be displayed in a more prominent position.

Why should we have to scroll down to the very bottom of the sreen in order to find out a player's rating and how many games they've won, drawn and lost?
  7. The sky
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 09:38
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I think it was a big mistake to move the graph into the middle and put the stats at the bottom. The most important information in a player's profile is their current rating, so this should be displayed in a more prominent position.

Why should we have to scroll down to the very bottom of the sreen in order to find out a player's rating and how many games they've won, drawn and lost?
    I agree about the player's current rating, that's quite hard to find (it was somewhat hard to find before, too, but now it's even worse). Also, many people will probably think that the rating above the graph is the current rating. But I also very much appreciate that we can see the graph without scrolling, so I wouldn't want the whole statistics block moved up again. Maybe the current rating could be shown outside that block, somewhere at the top.
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 12:05
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Maybe the current rating could be shown outside that block, somewhere at the top.
    Or in parenthesis right next to the nick. Like:

Stocken (1614)

in my case. That way you can see immediately the rating of a player.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 13:27
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I agree about the player's current rating, that's quite hard to find (it was somewhat hard to find before, too, but now it's even worse). Also, many people will probably think that the rating above the graph is the current rating. But I also very much appreciate that we can see the graph without scrolling, so I wouldn't want the whole statistics block moved up again. Maybe the current rating could be shown outside that block, somewhere at the top.
    Agreed - this has now been added.

-Russ
  10. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 13:391 edit
    Really like the new layout. Its a much better presentation of the data.

Thanks Russ! 🙂

Just been thinking - would a scrollable graph with wider lines to click on make this easier to use (not sure how much it would detract from the overall picture though?), this may solve any issue of page-scrolling sideways on smaller size screens as it could be sized to fit?

M
  11. The sky
    Moves
    21 Aug '06 14:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    Agreed - this has now been added.

-Russ
    Nice, thanks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree