Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 May '06 10:45 / 1 edit
    A new release of RHP is ready for launch tomorrow.

    Nothing too exciting, I have just had my (virtual) crayons out again and I did some work on the homepage. But, I also changed all the mini-board rendering on the site - 'info' link on my games, etc.

    It would be quite useful to see if anyone is having any problems in the field, so if you would like to take a quick look, visit beta5.redhotpawn.com

    Thanks,

    -Russ

    edit : Oh, and please post here about any issues, etc.
  2. 05 May '06 10:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new release of RHP is ready for launch tomorrow.

    Nothing too exciting, I have just had my (virtual) crayons out again and I did some work on the homepage. But, I also changed all the mini-board rendering on the site - 'info' link on my games, etc.

    It would be quite useful to see if anyone is having any problems in the field, so if you would like to ta ...[text shortened]... 5.redhotpawn.com

    Thanks,

    -Russ

    edit : Oh, and please post here about any issues, etc.
    ARe you planning to redesign rival chess? I feel that with the look of the new betasite (which by the way is very nice and modern, good work), rival chess is detrimental in terms of design. If the two were homogenous in design I think it would benefit both.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 May '06 11:02
    Originally posted by Starrman
    ARe you planning to redesign rival chess? I feel that with the look of the new betasite (which by the way is very nice and modern, good work), rival chess is detrimental in terms of design. If the two were homogenous in design I think it would benefit both.
    Rival Chess is getting some much needed attention right now. Chris is re-engineering much of the engine at the moment, so I hope to provide a slick new interface to it. (that is the plan, anyway) It is all about finding the time, of course, but even so, we will no doubt be releasing work in progress as soon as it is available.

    -Russ
  4. 05 May '06 11:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    Rival Chess is getting some much needed attention right now. Chris is re-engineering much of the engine at the moment, so I hope to provide a slick new interface to it. (that is the plan, anyway) It is all about finding the time, of course, but even so, we will no doubt be releasing work in progress as soon as it is available.

    -Russ
    Cool, in which csae, top banana kudos to you both
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 May '06 11:08
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Cool, in which csae, top banana kudos to you both
    Cheers.

    One other change, a new set (alpha) was added at a user's request.

    -Russ
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    05 May '06 11:13
    I like the new info thingy on My Games. Finally the board in it has a function. I can see one improvement though, to be able to collapse the info window again without aiming at the X at the top right corner. Or place that X on the same location as where the cursor is at the moment of hitting 'info'.
  7. 05 May '06 14:37
    I do like the new mini boards as I can now actually recognise games when I want a quick view of them!
    The homepage is a great design and think updates the new one well!
    Great job guys!
  8. Standard member Wildfire
    Force of Nature
    05 May '06 17:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    A new release of RHP is ready for launch tomorrow.

    Nothing too exciting, I have just had my (virtual) crayons out again and I did some work on the homepage. But, I also changed all the mini-board rendering on the site - 'info' link on my games, etc.

    It would be quite useful to see if anyone is having any problems in the field, so if you would like to ta ...[text shortened]... 5.redhotpawn.com

    Thanks,

    -Russ

    edit : Oh, and please post here about any issues, etc.
    Looks great Russ. Another step forward in the evolution of RHP.
  9. Standard member mosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    05 May '06 17:59
    Do you want to test your blindfold skills?

    If you choose the alpha set and then go back to normal rhp you can play without seeing the pieces.

  10. Standard member mochiron
    The Don
    05 May '06 18:52
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    Do you want to test your blindfold skills?

    If you choose the alpha set and then go back to normal rhp you can play without seeing the pieces.

    I like the new website. Will these new features apply to Time for Chess and Chess at Work? I tend to favor those sites...The Red is too Red for me.
  11. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    05 May '06 19:25
    Yes, only the homepages will look slightly different.

    To be honest, there isn't really any new features to speak of, just the enhanced mini-boards.

    -Russ
  12. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    05 May '06 20:36
    But what features can we expect the next time? Go on, tell us!!!
  13. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    05 May '06 23:26
    Loving "Alpha" pieces. Rec to whoever "Eric Bentzen" is.
  14. 06 May '06 08:47 / 1 edit
    The homepage is pretty. Though you're down-playing it's usefulness, the new mini boards are a nice touch, since I never used to be able to even make out any of the pieces on the old one. Cheers.


    -Kev
  15. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    06 May '06 09:48
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    Do you want to test your blindfold skills?

    If you choose the alpha set and then go back to normal rhp you can play without seeing the pieces.

    I just got tripped up by this! I had a few heart stopping moments when I could not get the board to render - I was just getting ready to check the flurry of expected feedback relating to it when I remembered....

    -Russ