Newbie Notifications Question

Newbie Notifications Question

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
27 Jan 11

Not sure if I'm missing something but how do I receive notifications when I receive an invitation or an opponent resigns?

Australia

Moves
28 Jan 11

Originally posted by tkamil
Not sure if I'm missing something but how do I receive notifications when I receive an invitation or an opponent resigns?
When someone challenges you to a game, it will appear in your MyGames list, with a trash bin icon so that you can delete it if you don't want to play.

When someone resigns your MyGames list will show it as "game won".

We don't usually do personal message chitchat back and forth, the system deals with this kind of stuff correctly. Not to say you can't send or receive personal messages, either ingame or separately, but routine notifications are done automatically.

If you want a personal email whenever it's your move, you can set a request on your MySettings page, although the opponent can ignore it if he pleases.

t

Moves
29 Jan 11

Thanks for the follow up. I just remember a game when my opponent resigned and I didn't receive an email telling me so. I wouldn't have known the game was over unless I checked the site. For those of us that like to receive notifications when it's our turn, that would be a nice feature.

Same for invitations, it would be nice to be notified via email (for those of us that like email notifications).

Great site, BTW! I'm sure I'll be a subscriber soon!

Australia

Moves
29 Jan 11

If you subscribe you'll get like the rest of us, checking in every so often to see what's happening - moves to make, forum insults to return, tournaments to enter or watch ... and if you're using Firefox you can even have a report on waiting moves visible on every webpage you go to!

RHP Member No.16

Moves
05 Feb 11

Originally posted by tkamil
Thanks for the follow up. I just remember a game when my opponent resigned and I didn't receive an email telling me so. I wouldn't have known the game was over unless I checked the site. For those of us that like to receive notifications when it's our turn, that would be a nice feature.

Same for invitations, it would be nice to be notified via email (for t ...[text shortened]... us that like email notifications).

Great site, BTW! I'm sure I'll be a subscriber soon!
Check "my settings" and verify that you have your correct email address listed. Under your "email settings" you can verify if you have it set up to send notifications or not.

Make sure that if you make changes that you click the "update" button at the bottom of the page. If you don't do that any changes you make will not register.