1. Joined
    01 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 12:21
    i'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but i was thinking that it would be good to see how many recs each person has got when you click on their profile, rather than only seeing it in the forums.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 12:52
    That would only be a little bit valueable if it shows the number of posts too, so one can somewhat correlates the two. Depending on what you think is of value displaying such a number in the profile.
  3. Joined
    01 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 12:55
    Originally posted by Aiko
    That would only be a little bit valueable if it shows the number of posts too, so one can somewhat correlates the two. Depending on what you think is of value displaying such a number in the profile.
    yes, good point....it would just be to learn a little bit more about the person etc...and whether they post alot or a little, etc..
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 12:59
    I can only see that of being of remote interest to people who frequent the forums (a lot of people don't and just come to play chess and that info would be of no interest to them at all). So, I think it's currently in the correct place.
  5. Joined
    01 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 13:02
    Originally posted by Exy
    I can only see that of being of remote interest to people who frequent the forums (a lot of people don't and just come to play chess and that info would be of no interest to them at all). So, I think it's currently in the correct place.
    yeah but seeing it in the profile might also encourage people to post in the forums and make better use of this great site.
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 13:05
    I think a lot less gossip and a bit more chess would be much better for this site - but I'm sure I'm in the minority! 😉
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 17:06
    Originally posted by Exy
    I think a lot less gossip and a bit more chess would be much better for this site - but I'm sure I'm in the minority! 😉
    Well, at least I agree.
  8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 07:46
    Originally posted by Exy
    Well at first I thought this was just hogwash. Then I saw you have 305 recs so there must be some weight to your words. Next I'll look at your profile, and if I see something witty or clever written there I'll know I'm supposed to pay you more attention to you.

ps: this is sarcasm, rec amounts on profiles is mostly a useless idea. If you wanna see recs read the forums.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 09:51
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Well at first I thought this was just hogwash. Then I saw you have 305 recs so there must be some weight to your words. Next I'll look at your profile, and if I see something witty or clever written there I'll know I'm supposed to pay you more attention to you.

ps: this is sarcasm, rec amounts on profiles is mostly a useless idea. If you wanna see recs read the forums.
    I only pay attention to people who have perdy pictures in their profiles.
  10. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    21 Jul '05 02:17
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I only pay attention to people who have perdy pictures in their profiles.
    So you like exy also? Just something about that poirot that does it for me.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Jul '05 18:33
    Originally posted by N I K
    yeah but seeing it in the profile might also encourage people to post in the forums and make better use of this great site.
    I'm not so certain that we want to encourage everyone to post in the forums. Rather, it seems that fully 69% of my 666 forum posts are aimed at discouraging some of those who post regularly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree