Non-Sub Rewards

Non-Sub Rewards

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
18 Apr 10

Propose a non-subscriber reward.

Once a nonsubscriber completes 100 games with no time out losses and no complaints, they get a limited 90-day subscription. Specific limitations could be set, but examples might be:

1. Eligible to enter 10 or 20 tournaments
2. Elgible for maybe 50 or 100 games
3. Eligible for 9 vacation days (1/4 of 36)
4. Maybe even one clan membership (to expire after the 90 days is over) (Would still have whatever clan games were started, but would lose the clan membership as far as private forums and more games etc)

This would reward active non-subs and it would give them a sample of what having a membership is like. I'd bet that a fair number would like the benefits of a paid subscription and wouldn't want to give it up.

Just a suggestion.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
19 Apr 10

Why the hell do we have to reward parasites and free riders?

Thread 129382

F

Moves
19 Apr 10
1 edit

Originally posted by coquette

Once a nonsubscriber completes 100 games with no time out losses and no complaints, they get a limited 90-day subscription. Specific limitations could be set, but examples might be:

4. Maybe eve ike the benefits of a paid subscription and wouldn't want to give it up.

Just a suggestion.
When I was new in RHP I bought a subscription after three month. Then, and right then, I came to know what I've relly missed before.

In my local supermarked, I got a free taste of a new kind of cookies. Before they seemed to be too sweet and too children oriented. I was wrong. They have a strong and deep tast of chockolate but without that sweetness the children like. I bought a package. I wouldn't do that without a free taste.

I'm sure that Russ is thinking in the same line, but he sees other problems with this that I cannot see.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
19 Apr 10

They are needed to make the site work but that said this idea could entice them to become full subs after tasting the delights of full access. Rec'd

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
19 Apr 10

4. Maybe eve ...[text shortened]... ike the benefits of a paid subscription and wouldn't want to give it up.

Just a suggestion.
NAY NAY AND THRICE NAY.

So easy to abuse.

Set up multiple accounts.

Play the 100 games then get three months free.

Nearing the end of the three month freebie then start the max games allowed.

In the meantime bring another account to the 100 games and then get a further 3 months free.

Repeat and you are effectively playing unlimited games for free.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
19 Apr 10

Originally posted by adramforall
NAY NAY AND THRICE NAY.

So easy to abuse.

Set up multiple accounts.

Play the 100 games then get three months free.

Nearing the end of the three month freebie then start the max games allowed.

In the meantime bring another account to the 100 games and then get a further 3 months free.

Repeat and you are effectively playing unlimited games for free.
Spot on.

Down with the free riders! 😠

Thread 129382

D

Moves
19 Apr 10

I'd bet that a fair number would like the benefits of a paid subscription and wouldn't want to give it up.
The thing that 'made' me subscribe was playing in a non-sub tournament.
I loved it, played far more over those couple of weeks than I had previously ... and subscribed shortly afterwards. Before that I couldn't see the point in playing more than 6 games at any one time.

Giving people a taste of the benefits of membership really can work (well - it did in my case).

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Apr 10

Originally posted by Seitse
Why the hell do we have to reward parasites and free riders?

Thread 129382
Way to encourage new blood dude. 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 10

4. Maybe eve ...[text shortened]... ike the benefits of a paid subscription and wouldn't want to give it up.

Just a suggestion.
Bad idea for reasons given and more.

"Come visit my bookstore, come read at the table. Once you have read 100 books we'll give you 5 free"!

All while everyone else has purchased their books.

Non subs get too much already. They should have features taken away!

P-

F

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
"Come visit my bookstore, come read at the table. Once you have read 100 books we'll give you 5 free"!
Yet there are libraries that noone seems to mind about.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Yet there are libraries that noone seems to mind about.
Libraries take donations, and are usually town or state funded. Many volunteer their spare time to work there or run public activities. You can't take a book out of the library and wrap it as a gift for a friend. Noodles did not fill her bookcase at home with books from the library.

A bookstore is a business for profit.

I hope I've cleared up the difference between the two for you.

P-

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

Noodles did not fill her bookcase at home with books from the library.
I wouldn't put it past her. What do you know about Noodles really?

Besides that, Phrabby, I am curious to know what features you would like to take away from me and others like me. :'(

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by darvlay
I wouldn't put it past her. What do you know about Noodles really?

Besides that, Phrabby, I am curious to know what features you would like to take away from me and others like me. :'(
Come to think of it I've wanted subs to be allowed more PM messages (granted only by subs) as well as having alerts (trusted users / these could be shut off if abused), as well as a choice of 6 forum avatars (3 male, 3 female)...

But you guys get too much already! How about 7 letter profile? Yeah, that will teach you.

P-

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

How about 7 letter profile? Yeah, that will teach you.

P-
No problem. 😏

User 57587

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Apr 10

Originally posted by darvlay
No problem. 😏

User 57587
You are a letter short. Bluddy non subs that do not fully utilise what is available. 😛