1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 13:34
    Having just set up a few club tournaments it has dawned on me that there is no real reason why we shouldn't allow non-subs to play in them. Obviously the 6 game limit should still apply, but there is a way to keep that limit. Once a player enters a club tournament, they are forced to keep the space free for any upcoming tournament rounds...

ie, player A enters a dual (as he has space for two new games) but once he has completed both these games, assuming he has won his group, two empty games appear in his games folder. These games are awaiting an opponent. Once the next round starts, he gets two games proper. This way the incentive to subscribe is retained, but non-subs get the opportunity to taste tournament games. I think that this would actually create a greater incentive to subscribe than simply restricting non-subs games. If you think about it, non-subs would still be seriously restricted in this system, there's no way anyone could seriously play anything bigger than a dual (though a threesome would be possible) as they'd be spending enormous amounts of time waiting for new games!! On the other hand, it shows people what they're missing! A non-sub stuck with 2-4 games because they are awaiting a new round in a tourney is far more likely to subscribe than a 6 game non-sub, surely...?
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 15:37
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Having just set up a few club tournaments it has dawned on me that there is no real reason why we shouldn't allow non-subs to play in them. Obviously the 6 game limit should still apply, but there is a way to keep that limit. Once a player enters a club tournament, they are forced to keep the space free for any upcoming tournament rounds...

ie, player ...[text shortened]... g a new round in a tourney is far more likely to subscribe than a 6 game non-sub, surely...?
    Then again any non sub can easily subscribe at present to join any of the hundreds of tournaments currently made available.

If they dont want to do that what makes you think they will want to subscribe if it is a club tournament?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree