1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 10:23
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    But I'd only have 182 posts a day! That's inhumane.
    I agree it is far to many, its inhumane on all of us.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 14:09
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No problem - just stating a fact.

1 Hundred chess moves - 1 forum post. [per day or week or whatever]
    2 Hundred chess moves - 2 forum posts.
    And so on and on....

This would prevent new accounts being made for the sole purpose of spamming.
    The idea works best if unused posts are rolled over to the next day.

E.g. I have 91 today, if I use 50 of those, tomorrow I will have 91 + 41 = 132 posts available.

🙂
  3. Standard memberbugs bunny
    the one and only
    somewhere your not
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 15:11
    Originally posted by gollumprawn
    if non subscribers want to use the forum then make them pay for it.
    The extra money can be used to set up a knock-out league where the winner of each league gets promoted and a cash prize depending on the league that the person is in.
    What if non-subscribers were limited in the forums they could post to. Many web sites are very limited in what non-subcribers can do, so it wouldn't be unusual. There are already some restrictions for non-subscribers. Maybe even have a number of completed games and/or in progress before being able to post. This is a chess site and forums should add to the experience, not be the experience.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 23:45
    Originally posted by bugs bunny
    What if non-subscribers were limited in the forums they could post to. Many web sites are very limited in what non-subcribers can do, so it wouldn't be unusual. There are already some restrictions for non-subscribers. Maybe even have a number of completed games and/or in progress before being able to post. This is a chess site and forums should add to the experience, not be the experience.
    Nobody will beat non-subscribers forever as long as I'm alive.

I suggest you to drop this issue, non-subs are member and they will post whatever they wish as long as it's appropriate.

Anybody has any objection?
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 00:16
    Originally posted by LazyKnight
    Nobody will beat non-subscribers forever as long as I'm alive.

I suggest you to drop this issue, non-subs are member and they will post whatever they wish as long as it's appropriate.

Anybody has any objection?
    I do. JoniG believed he was being appropriate. As did various other non-sub spammers (on the other hand we have STANG and the like). These forums are a community and I believe that the community should control what is appropriate not the individual posters. That's why subs have an Alert Moderator button.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 00:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I do. JoniG believed he was being appropriate. As did various other non-sub spammers (on the other hand we have STANG and the like). These forums are a community and I believe that the community should control what is appropriate not the individual posters. That's why subs have an Alert Moderator button.
    Forget about JoniG.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 01:38
    Originally posted by LazyKnight
    Forget about JoniG.
    Why? He is the kind of poster that I would be interested in getting rid of. I enjoy the contributions of some non-subs. I think that without them these forums would die a slow death. In fact before I was a sub I posted in the forums. Except I posted meaningfully and with actual thought.

I will reiterate, I don't want to get rid of all non-subs from the forum, I don't want them to feel like they aren't welcome. What I do want to stop is the pointless destructive posting of drivel. This is what JoniG did, this is what many other non-subs before him did.

What I'm attempting to propose is a way whereby there are limits in place such that everyone can still contribute to the forums but those that aren't contributing anything but grief will be quickly and severely dealt with. To help in this a basic posting limiter would be a great help. Most forums I frequent have something along the lines of a max of one post per 30 second period.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 04:40
    Originally posted by bugs bunny
    Your argument actually works against you: This is a chess site, so the extra chess features (tourneys, clans, unlimited games, etc.) ought to be paid for. "Sideshow" things like forum access should not require payment.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 06:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 06:31

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 06:341 edit

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 06:39

13. Standard memberbugs bunny
    the one and only
    somewhere your not
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 10:36
    Originally posted by theUltimateBadass
    I'm tired now to repeat myself over and over.

I wanted to tell in a literary way,

NO

I wanted to tell in a gansta' way

NO

but i'm telling you as a human being now!

Stop this hate propaganda against me.

IF do no not like me BLOW me!

This is me,

JoniG
    It is because of people who like to post like this that is the problem. Yos have been banned under another screen name? Maybe JoniG? Someone is banned and they create a new user name and continue on with posting nonsense. ( It could be said that all theses posts are nonsense.) With a new name the posting continues and what has been accomplished?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 10:44

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 10:46

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree