1. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    06 May '11 09:36
    Now, the notebook can be saved in two ways:
    - submit move (when it's your turn)
    - save notebook changes (when you're waiting for a response)

I suggest the possibility of saving the notebook while it's your turn without having to submit a move already. Sometimes, while I'm analyzing a position and figuring out my next step(s), I don't have the time (or the motivation) to finish the analysis / make a decision. It would be helpful, if I could then save a few notes for later. This is not possible at the moment, because you can only save your notes if you make a move.

I guess many others would benefit from this as well. What do you think?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 May '11 11:391 edit
    Originally posted by tvochess
    Now, the notebook can be saved in two ways:
    - submit move (when it's your turn)
    - save notebook changes (when you're waiting for a response)

I suggest the possibility of saving the notebook while it's your turn without having to submit a move already. Sometimes, while I'm analyzing a position and figuring out my next step(s), I don't have the time (or ...[text shortened]... you make a move.

I guess many others would benefit from this as well. What do you think?
    Well you're exactly right...but 'save changes' disappeared a few weeks ago as mad as that sounds..still, it's not evident so I now I make changes to the notebook and then submit a move, even though no move is made.. it stores the new notebook notes this way also if you've just made the move and want to make a quick observation... The notebook 'no save option,' is this browser related..I've no idea but it isn't evident now ??
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    06 May '11 12:00
    I'll try your method out as soon as I can.

Don't know what you mean with the 'no save' - option.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 May '11 14:03
    I'll try your method out as soon as I can.

Don't know what you mean with the 'no save' - option.
    Apologies, I should've been clearer...I meant there is no 'save' button under the notebook...it's no longer there, I'm wondering if this is a browser issue as you can obviously still see and utilise it !?
  5. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    06 May '11 16:04
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Apologies, I should've been clearer...I meant there is no 'save' button under the notebook...it's no longer there, I'm wondering if this is a browser issue as you can obviously still see and utilise it !?
    Indeed, that button is still there with me... Did you change to another browser?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 May '11 18:27
    Indeed, that button is still there with me... Did you change to another browser?
    Yes, google chrome..I've not had any trivial issues with it so far but this is very curious...I do now note that it's not amongst the supported browsers here, ' strange as it's the third most popular browser apparently...
  7. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    06 May '11 19:19
    ... especially since I am using Chrome as well.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 May '11 22:52
    ... especially since I am using Chrome as well.
    So quite why I've been looking for 'chrome issues' for the past couple of hours is beyond me 😛
    Something isn't right, anyone an idea ?
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 May '11 02:06
    So quite why I've been looking for 'chrome issues' for the past couple of hours is beyond me 😛
    Stop using google chrome 😛
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 May '11 02:07
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 May '11 08:27
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Naaa, I thought about it but I prefer it too much...it behaves how a true browser should behave, 'remembering' literally everything including written text if it crashes or is closed down incorrectly...a bit like the mac browser safari
  12. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    12 May '11 21:39
    Naaa, I thought about it but I prefer it too much...it behaves how a true browser should behave, 'remembering' literally everything including written text if it crashes or is closed down incorrectly...a bit like the mac browser safari
    "if it crashes or is closed down incorrectly..." is hardly how a browser should behave.

There are some improvements necessary regarding stability, but I like the way it works.
  13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 May '11 23:11
    "if it crashes or is closed down incorrectly..." is hardly how a browser should behave.

There are some improvements necessary regarding stability, but I like the way it works.
    Considering the limited time it had to be 'thrown' together, it's the best by far IMHO...considering the absolute monopoly IE had for donkey's years, it is still surprising how it so easily matched then out punched that giant of latent mediocrity.. yet still vaunted by millions that care for little else because it merely works to a standard they have become accustomed to.. I thank the European union a few years ago for 'reminding me' that other browsers did indeed exist, pointing out the then monopoly. I'm sure I'd still be driven mad by IE should I never have received that email.. but millions have yet to be bothered to open theirs 🙁
  14. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 13:26
    Clicking "submit move" without submitting a move does indeed save notebook changes. That's a well-hidden feature 🙂

What I'd find really valuable would be to use the notebook from the analysis board.

And to change the subject completely... when do we get real Chess960 with castling? 🙂
  15. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 18:43
    Originally posted by pyxelated
    What I'd find really valuable would be to use the notebook from the analysis board.
    Indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree