1. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    3596
    02 Jun '05 20:25
    Just been talking about this in another thread, why not create an annual tournament where the top 16 players are entered and the winner is declared RHP champion or something, what do you think?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    141310
    03 Jun '05 11:16
    I'd love to see it. 😀
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    72459
    03 Jun '05 11:30
    Originally posted by HungryJoe
    Just been talking about this in another thread, why not create an annual tournament where the top 16 players are entered and the winner is declared RHP champion or something, what do you think?
    Do you mean some sort of mandatory tournament where the top 16 are forced to enter and must play each other, I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen.
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    03 Jun '05 12:062 edits
    Originally posted by HungryJoe
    Just been talking about this in another thread, why not create an annual tournament where the top 16 players are entered and the winner is declared RHP champion or something, what do you think?
    the best players easily make it above 2000, but many very strong players are just outside the top 16.

    the way i see it the top players have widely differring time control preferences .. finding the common ground will be crucial.

    it does seem that 3/33 does makes almost all of them happy though ....
    how about :

    3 timeout, 33 timebank,
    group size 8 and players rated over 2000?

    start the tournament with minimum 30, and maximum 56 players.

    it would be a two round tournament and finish soonish, with the bestest facing off and battling it out!
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    47202
    03 Jun '05 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by flexmore
    the best players easily make it above 2000, but many very strong players are just outside the top 16.

    the way i see it the top players have widely differring time control preferences .. finding the common ground will be crucial.

    it d ...[text shortened]... d finish soonish, with the bestest facing off and battling it out!
    [/b]It would be nice, but I doubt you will get that much players to join fast.
    I remember the Lost Bobby's 1800-2500 Tourney; It is 30 player maximum, and we got that much after about 10 days.. (by the way, 16 of the 30 players of the tourney are under 2000.)
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    04 Jun '05 00:08
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    It would be nice, but I doubt you will get that much players to join fast.
    I remember the Lost Bobby's 1800-2500 Tourney; It is 30 player maximum, and we got that much after about 10 days.. (by the way, 16 of the 30 players of the tourney are under 2000.)[/b]
    what is the rush?
    let them take a few weeks trickling in.
Back to Top