1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 02:30
    Can we please have some page that always displays the ratings at the time a game was finished, not the current ratings?

I just had a nice win against a much higher ranked opponent, and I wanted to work out how it compared to my other good 'upsets' in terms of ratings gap.

I realised, though, when I went into the 'My Performance' page that everything is set up to show the current ratings of the players, not the rating at the time.

For games in the last year or so I was able to go to my profile graph and, with a bit of clicking around and cross-checking dates, find the games I wanted and see what the ratings had been. But for older games I couldn't find anything to tell me.
  2. Home
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 21:01
    The problem with this is that it would be very difficult, or take a very ling tome, to recalculate the ratings of all the old completed games there are currently, around 2 million. Could you imagine the time that would take???
  3. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 21:15
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Can we please have some page that always displays the ratings at the time a game was finished, not the current ratings?

I just had a nice win against a much higher ranked opponent, and I wanted to work out how it compared to my other good 'upsets' in terms of ratings gap.

I realised, though, when I went into the 'My Performance' page that everything is s ...[text shortened]... nd see what the ratings had been. But for older games I couldn't find anything to tell me.
    You could start making a spreadsheet or database with details of your games played as soon as you finish them, if you can be bothered.

Also, the ratings of both opponents are stored on your profile graph, it's just a bit fiddly to look at them, so you could go back quite a long way.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 06:37
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    The problem with this is that it would be very difficult, or take a very ling tome, to recalculate the ratings of all the old completed games there are currently, around 2 million. Could you imagine the time that would take???
    I realise that. I didn't necessarily want it to be retrospective if the information wasn't available.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 09:232 edits

I didn't necessarily want it to be retrospective if the information wasn't available.
    I think Orpheos idea is great.
    It suffice to start now.

I have a old game where I won a game with a very good player. And I am very proud of it.
    Until I realized (from the low rating points I actually got) that he wasn't that good at the time I played with him. Now he is, then he wasn't.
  6. West Virginia
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 15:17
    Isn't the information available in the profile graph?

I would actually like to see this information find its way into the PGN tags. That way there wouldn't be any more fishing for the right date and gameid for those of us who wanted to store that info in our databases.
  7. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 23:50
    For games in the last year or so I was able to go to my profile graph and, with a bit of clicking around and cross-checking dates, find the games I wanted and see what the ratings had been. But for older games I couldn't find anything to tell me.
    I think orfeo's point was that your profile only shows the last 300 games. It is fine if the game you are looking for is within that, but for older games, you have to rely on searching through your played games and then all that is displayed is the current ratings.
  8. West Virginia
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 05:31
    I see. It would be nice if the Game History page was that way, but it being added in the PGN tags would be a nice extra for this.
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 03:31
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I think orfeo's point was that your profile only shows the last 300 games. It is fine if the game you are looking for is within that, but for older games, you have to rely on searching through your played games and then all that is displayed is the current ratings.
    Even if it's in the last 300 games, it isn't terribly easy to find the one game you actually want. There's a fair bit of squinting and fine motor control involved!
  10. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 May '06 09:26
    ratings at the start and end of the game would be nice if it is going to be done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree