This is OK. It does a job.

http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

But it needs updating.
  3. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 11:46
    yeah, I don't see any way to download games with the RHP one. With the FICS one, I can say "Give me 5000 games with the ECO code A00, played between September 1, 2003 and December 26 2005 in PGN format".

With the RHP one, I can copy and paste manually 5000 times until I have carpal tunnel syndrome, or go insane, which ever comes first 🙂
  4. e4
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 13:46
    You could PM the 2,500 white piece players asking them
    to send you a PGN of the game.

Let's say 20 seconds in between sending a PM with the pasted message.
    that will take you about 14 hours. Not even one day.

It all depends on how desperate you are for 5,000 Caro Kann's 🙂
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 14:00
    Originally posted by TimmyBx
    yeah, I don't see any way to download games with the RHP one. With the FICS one, I can say "Give me 5000 games with the ECO code A00, played between September 1, 2003 and December 26 2005 in PGN format".

With the RHP one, I can copy and paste manually 5000 times until I have carpal tunnel syndrome, or go insane, which ever comes first 🙂
    How do you know you're not already insane? You are asking about how to get the details of 5000 chess games...
  6. Pities the fool
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 22:08
    Originally posted by TimmyBx
    LULZ!
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 17:01
    I have to confess, it is a slight cause of embarrassment that we have not got this sorted out. I even posted on here last summer that I was working on it finally, but got distracted once again. I will return to it, really. Keep the faith. one day it will work as you probably all wish it would (and should expect)
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 20:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have to confess, it is a slight cause of embarrassment that we have not got this sorted out. I even posted on here last summer that I was working on it finally, but got distracted once again. I will return to it, really. Keep the faith. one day it will work as you probably all wish it would (and should expect)
    Thumbs up from me!
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 20:55
    How many sites do you know where the owners are willing to even confess to something like that? Can't be many. Russ' honesty does him credit.

Richard
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 22:28
    Great idea. If you do it, consider adding in an option, especially for A00 games, either to specify as a search criterion, the name of the opening, or the first W move.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 05:16
    I wouldn't mind if there were position searches either like GP has in his personal RHP database.
  12. e4
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 13:57
    No Data Base Tom Tom - I have played over them all and can remember each one.
    My head is full of these bad moves and all my dreams are nightmares.

Tom Tom playing cat and mouse.

Tom Tom -v- ItsYouThatIAdore RHP 2008

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree