Open Beta feedback thread

Open Beta feedback thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
23d

@Russ

From my profile, clicking Forum Posts used to launch a search of my own posts, defaulting to the user as logged in. Now, the search assumes no default user and I have to type in my username to get a search result. Is this intended? Furthermore, typing the first three letters of the username brings up a menu listing all users with the same initial letters, but clicking on any entry does not 'post' the username to the search field. That's looks like a bug (FYI: Safari Version 17.4.1 (17618.1.15.111.8, 17618)).

Russ, can you please put the logged-in username into the search engine by default? I'm so lazy ...

This appears to have been sorted. THX.

Hip-Hop Poet

District 9

Moves
22d

@Russ
When using analyze on the previous version, all of the pieces that were removed from the board would show up underneath the history of moves when you scrolled to the bottom of that page.

That feature is no longer available in the update. It forces the player to memorize calculations instead of seeing the visual results of your potential plans.

Is it possible to restore a method of seeing which pieces have been removed somewhere within the analyze mode?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22d

@kmax87 said
Not sure if its been mentioned, but what happened to the thread list within each forum?
This has now returned, similar to before.

The other new options remain too.

Berg Katze

The Edge of Sanity

Moves
22d

Rating Trend Expanded doesn't seem to work for me.

fc

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22d

@flyingcod said
Rating Trend Expanded doesn't seem to work for me.

fc
Thanks. This is a known issue, but bumped down the priority list.

By early next week this should receive some attention.

Hip-Hop Poet

District 9

Moves
21d

@Russ
This is a small thing, but whenever a piece was captured on the old version, an image would show up either above or below the submit move button identifying the removed piece. That no longer occurs with the update.

Why was this visual aid removed? Can it be restored or has it been deemed unnecessary?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21d

@Romie-Dread said
@Russ
Can it be restored or has it been deemed unnecessary?
Yes, this will be back in the next 48 hours.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20d

@Russ

Hello, seems that the game type "open invites" is not available in the game list.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
20d

Don't know if this has come up yet, but when you're doing a Conditional move action, how do you get back to your board. There's only
a Board sign after you've gone out the loong way...

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
20d

Something else, If i want to Archive a game, it tells me it's already in the file.
?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20d

@pawnpaw said
Something else, If i want to Archive a game, it tells me it's already in the file.
?
Are you using the "All" folder? The game is then probably archived in the archive folder already.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20d

@Ponderable said
@Russ

Hello, seems that the game type "open invites" is not available in the game list.
This was not actually available on the previous version, but for no good reason, so now added.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20d

@pawnpaw said
Don't know if this has come up yet, but when you're doing a Conditional move action, how do you get back to your board. There's only
a Board sign after you've gone out the loong way...
Under the site logo is a "back" chevron.

This will return you to the game.

This is used throughout the site now, not necessarily to take you back a page like the browser history, but back to the most logical place. (The game board, in this case.)

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
20d

@Russ
If I moved it already it shouldn't be in the All part. But its there, and I want to clear up the clutter of completed games.
And no chevron visible either.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
20d

@Russ
Ok, I found your "chevron" , its a back sign. But the main problem
is still the Archive action which does not work.