1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 13:271 edit
    There's an invite there since May 29,plus twenty other senseless ones............

Russ,please help,do something!

Edit: this abusing of the open invites has become ridiculous in the last months.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 14:15
    Looks like Ravenswood's staging a protest against JOHNEWUNDA.
  3. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 14:28
    Originally posted by Ravello
    There's an invite there since May 29,plus twenty other senseless ones............

Russ,please help,do something!

Edit: this abusing of the open invites has become ridiculous in the last months.
    Why the blind panic over these silly open invites..

Just ignore them. I'm sure Russ has better things to be doing that trying to clean up the open invites section.. Like adding new features to the site.
  4. Home
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 14:30
    I think there needs to be some sort of a cap, so you can only set an open invite about 500 +or- that of yours, so people don't start abusing the system. There is not a point of playing some one that high, if you win its not like you rating will go up but 32, and you’re just going to get creamed any ways. If you really want to play someone that good I suggest you message and/or challenge them, instead of forcing me to look at stupid open invites. Another idea is to give an open invite a one day life span.
  5. CN85nm
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by dk3nny

Just ignore them. I'm sure Russ has better things to be doing that trying to clean up the open invites section.. Like adding new features to the site.
    Russ wouldn't have to 'clean up'.

Just a program 'clock' that drops off games from open invites after a period of time. Say 24hrs?

How's that for a new feature?

f
  6. London
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 17:17
    Originally posted by CandyDarling
    Looks like Ravenswood's staging a protest against JOHNEWUNDA.
    two wrongs don't make a right.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Jun '05 17:23
    Originally posted by ravenswood
    Russ wouldn't have to 'clean up'.

Just a program 'clock' that drops off games from open invites after a period of time. Say 24hrs?

How's that for a new feature?

f
    That's what I proposed some weeks ago but non one seemed to give a f++k about it.

Still I think that this is the right thing to prevent the cluttering of "open invites" page.

After 24 h all unaccepted invites will get automatically deleted,that's it.
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 12:57
    Originally posted by dk3nny

Well,believe it or not those stupid invites are still there,they are 15 and bothering as they clutter the page since days now.

Why it bothers me?

Because when I put a new open invite it doesn't show in the page,new invites are hidden at the bottom (you need a good scroll to view'em) and in that position are very unlikely to be picked up.
  9. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 15:33
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Well,believe it or not those stupid invites are still there,they are 15 and bothering as they clutter the page since days now.

Why it bothers me?

Because when I put a new open invite it doesn't show in the page,new invites are hidden at the bottom (you need a good scroll to view'em) and in that position are very unlikely to be picked up.
    That's a good reason, Ravello. Reverse the date order to show newest first and the drek at the bottom - even if they don't get automatically deleted after a time. This should be easy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree