1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 05:591 edit
    Probably been proposed before...

I often play against a player that uses an opening that I am not too familiar with. Sometimes - okay often - he/she obliterates me. It would be nice to see the identification of the opening, something like: Cxxx - Super Trooper Head Chop Falcon Gambit. :-) This way I can go and study it up.

This will really not be that difficult - store the FENs in a hash and merely match the current board position with that. Display a piece of text when appropriate.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 12:33
    Originally posted by Wumpus
    Probably been proposed before...

I often play against a player that uses an opening that I am not too familiar with. Sometimes - okay often - he/she obliterates me. It would be nice to see the identification of the opening, something like: Cxxx - Super Trooper Head Chop Falcon Gambit. :-) This way I can go and study it up.

This will really not be th ...[text shortened]... and merely match the current board position with that. Display a piece of text when appropriate.
    Slow site, but shows the names of openings: http://www.365chess.com/opening.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree