Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 12 May '15 09:23
    I notice that game openings (and defence) are recorded. It would be interesting to see some stats on usage and outcomes on an individual basis - and maybe on a wider perspective. e.g. do players in the different ranks play similar openings. Might be useful to nudge people to try different openings/defences.
  2. 13 May '15 15:05
    Originally posted by lightbucket
    I notice that game openings (and defence) are recorded. It would be interesting to see some stats on usage and outcomes on an individual basis - and maybe on a wider perspective. e.g. do players in the different ranks play similar openings. Might be useful to nudge people to try different openings/defences.
    You mean like this:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/index.php?username=lightbucket&movelist=&flip=0&co=w&u=-1&c=1400
  3. 21 May '15 20:40
    Yes, this kind of thing. I don't see GamesExplorer on my menus - is this an option that paid up members get?
  4. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    22 May '15 07:34
    For some odd reason Games Explorer has never been linked to the main site. It's open to all:
    www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer
  5. 22 May '15 09:37
    Thanks for the info. I'll go and have an explore
    Are there any other useful things that aren't linked to the main site?
  6. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    22 May '15 15:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by lightbucket
    Thanks for the info. I'll go and have an explore
    Are there any other useful things that aren't linked to the main site?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/siege/

if that is helpful I don't know. It could be discontinued in future...
  7. Standard member byedidia
    Mister Why
    23 May '15 03:36
    Am I mistaken that the database for this has not been updated in a couple years? It only has 17 of my games.
  8. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    23 May '15 04:11
    Originally posted by byedidia
    Am I mistaken that the database for this has not been updated in a couple years? It only has 17 of my games.
    I don't believe that the Games Explorer database has been updated for a long time, if ever. Maybe that's why it's never been linked to the main site.