Option to not send reminders?

Option to not send reminders?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
11 Nov 05

The option to not receive reminders has recently been introduced, and this is a good thing.

However, can we have an option to never SEND reminders?

I always ignore this option - I don't see it as my responsibility to manage my opponents' moves

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Nov 05

Originally posted by Redmike
The option to not receive reminders has recently been introduced, and this is a good thing.

I always ignore this option - I don't see it as my responsibility to manage my opponents' moves
You have the option already! Just continue to ignore the 'send reminder' link...

😛

Sais

Berks.

Moves
11 Nov 05

True, but it would make the page less cluttered through not actually having these show up.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
11 Nov 05

Originally posted by Peakite
True, but it would make the page less cluttered through not actually having these show up.
Buy a bigger monitor.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Nov 05

Originally posted by Peakite
Then I vote we have an option to customise pages to remove all links we don't use as individuals. I don't use Sieges anymore so I want to stop that cluttering my screen, and clan leagues too - I'll switch it back on if ever my clan wants to be involved....

😉😛

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by Redmike

Come on now, why would you not like to remind your opponents? You surely want to win by timeouts rather than resignations/checkmates. Be a sportsman!

If they do not play within the time-limit inspite of reminders, timing them out is no sin. However, hoping that they do not play and then timing them out is not chess!

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
15 Nov 05

Originally posted by yashsr
Come on now, why would you not like to remind your opponents? You surely want to win by timeouts rather than resignations/checkmates. Be a sportsman!

If they do not play within the time-limit inspite of reminders, timing them out is no sin. However, hoping that they do not play and then timing them out is not chess!
Jesus wept. Yet more insufferable pearls of wisdom from the "newbee free-loader" brigade. When will we be rid of these parasites in the forums. They are simply a waste of bandwidth - Mumbai punkah walah's included.

skeeter

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
15 Nov 05

By the same logic I should suggest moves to my opponent too.

I don't think reminders are remotely effective, and reminding my opponent isn't my responsibility anyway.

If they do not play within the time limit, then they've lost. It is no less 'sporting' to take the win in these circumstances than it is to take a dropped piece.

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
15 Nov 05

I partially agree.

Timing out people is within the spirit of the game. But hoping for the opponent not to play, not sending him reminders and then timing him out is a bit out of the spirit of the game I believe.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
15 Nov 05

I partially agree.

Timing out people is within the spirit of the game. But hoping for the opponent not to play, not sending him reminders and then timing him out is a bit out of the spirit of the game I believe.
Nobody said anything about hoping for the opponent to not play.

I just don't think it is my responsibility to remind my opponent to move.

If you are playing in an OTB tournament, and your opponent wanders away from the board, and you make a move, what do you do?
Do you seek out your opponent to tell them it is their move? Don't think so.

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
15 Nov 05

Yes true, agreed redmike.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
16 Dec 05

Now that we finally have the option to cancel receiving move reminders, can this feature be extended to cancel the notification of accepted draw offers and the notifications of the start of tournaments too...?