1. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Joined
    20 Nov '06
    Moves
    718
    07 Apr '07 13:53
    Hello Wonderful RHP Folks! :-)

    How about giving us an option to turn off the annoying avatar animaitons. They're as bad as pop up ads!

    If nothing else, simply giving us an option to view the forums with no avatars at all would help.

    Many thanks! :-)
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    07 Apr '07 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by MrJohn
    Hello Wonderful RHP Folks! :-)

    How about giving us an option to turn off the annoying avatar animaitons. They're as bad as pop up ads!

    If nothing else, simply giving us an option to view the forums with no avatars at all would help.

    Many thanks! :-)
    None of them are animated for me - I must've turned them off somehow.
    Try pressing your Esc key.
    [or is that only for firefox]

    Another firefox thing is if you have Adblock [extension] you can right-click and hide that avatar.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    2683
    07 Apr '07 16:12
    There used to be an option in Firefox/Mozilla to do that, however you may need to go to the about:config in the present version.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    86119
    07 Apr '07 19:53
    Originally posted by MrJohn
    If nothing else, simply giving us an option to view the forums with no avatars at all would help.
    That one has MY vote!
  5. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Joined
    31 Jul '06
    Moves
    29649
    07 Apr '07 20:03
    Originally posted by MrJohn
    Hello Wonderful RHP Folks! :-)

    How about giving us an option to turn off the annoying avatar animaitons. They're as bad as pop up ads!

    If nothing else, simply giving us an option to view the forums with no avatars at all would help.

    Many thanks! :-)
    I think I seen it said if you hit ESC it stops the movement.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    07 Apr '07 20:38
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    I think I seen it said if you hit ESC it stops the movement.
    ^^^


    🙁
  7. The Tao Temple
    Joined
    08 Mar '06
    Moves
    31086
    08 Apr '07 21:03
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Try pressing your Esc key.
    [or is that only for firefox].
    It works for IE7 too. Good tip!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    09 Apr '07 01:09
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    ^^^


    🙁
    I've also seen this said, a few times. Can't remember where, as it was very dark at the time.

    P-
Back to Top