1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 17:21
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why doesn't this site have OTB matches, as well as correspondence? Chess.com offers both, so it's not something impossible.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 06:24
    Originally posted by vivify
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why doesn't this site have OTB matches, as well as correspondence? Chess.com offers both, so it's not something impossible.
    It does...well, sort of. But if you found the interface and played a game on it (assuming there was anyone in the room to play!) you wouldn't be asking that question.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Nov '12 23:02
    How do I get to the interface?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Nov '12 23:50
    It's called blitz and there's a link to it under the "log out" link. There's often nobody there to play, so perhaps you should find an opponent and then both of you go there.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Nov '12 17:00
    I have just completed a prototype of a proof of concept for a whole new blitz client, with no dependency on Adobe Flash (and therefore iPad compatible).

It uses the still unreleased new RHP board code, so I'm hoping I can drop both updates now before we are too far in to 2013. The blitz update will follow the general site update as there is plenty of work to take that to production quality, but I foresee no reason why blitz/live chess can't have a separate rating in the future.

For now though, sorry, its the Flash client or nothing, which is becoming increasingly obsolete with everyday due to the Flash dependency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree