Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member byedidia
    Mister Why
    21 Feb '12 10:01
    First RHP requires a password of 6 characters minimum length, then it emails me the password in plain text in my welcome email?!?

    Barak
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    21 Feb '12 10:59
    Originally posted by byedidia
    First RHP requires a password of 6 characters minimum length, then it emails me the password in plain text in my welcome email?!?

    Barak
    Lots of places do that, it's not as if it's your bank account. Then I'd be concerned.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Feb '12 12:13
    The site does not store your password in plain text. Perhaps we should make the welcome email password reminder optional though.
  4. Standard member byedidia
    Mister Why
    21 Feb '12 19:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Lots of places do that, it's not as if it's your bank account. Then I'd be concerned.
    Precisely my point. If the password is not important, as is evidenced by mailing it in plain text, why does it have to be 6 characters or longer? I would prefer a one or two character password for RHP.

    Incidentally, this is a widespread problem across the internet. RHP is not at all unique in it's schizophrenia regarding passwords.

    Barak
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Feb '12 16:00
    Originally posted by byedidia
    Precisely my point. If the password is not important, as is evidenced by mailing it in plain text, why does it have to be 6 characters or longer? I would prefer a one or two character password for RHP.

    Incidentally, this is a widespread problem across the internet. RHP is not at all unique in it's schizophrenia regarding passwords.

    Barak
    My password is "thisandthat" Something I can type fast.

    P-
  6. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    24 Feb '12 21:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    My password is "thisandthat" Something I can type fast.

    P-
    10,000 comedians out of work!!!
  7. 28 Feb '12 21:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Lots of places do that, it's not as if it's your bank account. Then I'd be concerned.
    Nevertheless, it's not exactly setting a good example.

    Richard