1. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 16:13
    I'm having incompatibility issues between the PGN from this site and some other software. Is it possible that unnecessary additional descriptions be left out of the PGN? For instance.

1. Nb1c3

could be

1. Nc3

I understand that Nb1c3 is correct but some software does not seem to understand it. Especially when combined with like..

Kf8f7

Anyway, would make things a bit easier on me if it there was at least an option for "short description PGN".

Thanks for concideration
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 20:28
    Originally posted by Stonedog
    I'm having incompatibility issues between the PGN from this site and some other software. Is it possible that unnecessary additional descriptions be left out of the PGN? For instance.

1. Nb1c3

could be

1. Nc3

I understand that Nb1c3 is correct but some software does not seem to understand it. Especially when combined with like..

Kf8f7

An ...[text shortened]... e if it there was at least an option for "short description PGN".

Thanks for concideration
    Get Winboard:

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

Paste PGN in, copy out... and into your favorite program. You could be waiting some time on this, as it's been asked before.

You might also enjoy winboard, nice little viewer.

P-
  3. Berks.
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 20:30
    And if it can't understand Nb1c3, then what does the software do when a knight also resides on d1?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree