1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 20:11
    @mwmiller said
    "Tournament games time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires. "

The above quote is displayed on the sign-up page for tournaments. I understand that to mean that when the skull comes on, you can claim it right away, but if you do not claim it, it will be automatically claimed after two days. Does that apply or not? I think it has existed for several years.
    Many chess sites have T-T (double time outs) which is important I think to prevent a tournament being unnecessarily delayed.

Didn't know about the 2-day thing here.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 23:25
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I also don't understand the need to have the extra two days. To me, the automatic win on time should just be called as soon as the time and time bank are both gone. Time is all used up and the game is over.

I guess in OTB games it is up to the players to notice the time is up and to call it, but this site is not OTB.

I know in regular games we sometimes ignore the skull if we are enjoying a casual game, and that is also true if your opponent lets you know they are going to be away from the game for a while. So with a regular game you could have an option when setting up the game to either automatically enforce the time controls or to leave it optional, as it now is.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 17:20
    @mwmiller said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I also don't understand the need to have the extra two days. To me, the automatic win on time should just be called as soon as the time and time bank are both gone. Time is all used up and the game is over.

I guess in OTB games it is up to the players to notice the time is up and to call it, but this site is not OTB.

I know in regular games we so ...[text shortened]... up the game to either automatically enforce the time controls or to leave it optional, as it now is.
    I believe it should be left the way it now is.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree