Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 04 Mar '13 13:19
    please please please

    this is a great chess site but the board size isto small for me; an xl size would be great

    please consider, it cant imagine it being hard to implement
  2. 04 Mar '13 17:19
    Originally posted by Awesomo 2000
    please please please

    this is a great chess site but the board size isto small for me; an xl size would be great

    please consider, it cant imagine it being hard to implement
    Apparently this site is undergoing a revamp.

    This includes a bigger board, hopefully this will satisfy your needs.

    I don't know, I haven't seen the new settings yet.

    I am still waiting for the activation date.
  3. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    04 Mar '13 18:32
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Apparently this site is undergoing a revamp.

    This includes a bigger board, hopefully this will satisfy your needs.

    I don't know, I haven't seen the new settings yet.

    I am still waiting for the activation date.
    Yes, as per our notes the other day...there's the 'X-Large' affair in the new beta site...
    it's a great addition, and it will save many of us from donning the odd set of 'someone else's' reading glasses now and then
  4. 04 Mar '13 20:48
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Yes, as per our notes the other day...there's the 'X-Large' affair in the new beta site...
    it's a great addition, and it will save many of us from donning the odd set of 'someone else's' reading glasses now and then
    Don't talk to me about reading glasses Dean,

    I have two up to date prescription pairs of reading glasses.

    One old prescription pair, which I now use for watching TV,

    and I have three cheap pairs for emergency that I bought in Primark.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    04 Mar '13 22:36
    Originally posted by Awesomo 2000
    please please please

    this is a great chess site but the board size isto small for me; an xl size would be great

    please consider, it cant imagine it being hard to implement
    There are two larger sizes in the beta, which hopefully will be available to all in a couple of weeks.
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Mar '13 02:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are two larger sizes in the beta, which hopefully will be available to all in a couple of weeks.
    'available to all in a couple of weeks'....crikey, is it really only two weeks away, I'd have thought a 'few' months of testing was pretty essential lol...
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    05 Mar '13 12:12
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    'available to all in a couple of weeks'....crikey, is it really only two weeks away, I'd have thought a 'few' months of testing was pretty essential lol...
    I think you and I came in near the end of the process.
  8. 05 Mar '13 20:44
    So it's launch time in a couple of weeks is it?

    Just in time for my birthday.


    Hey Dean!!!

    What are you getting me for my birthday?
  9. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Mar '13 20:53
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    So it's launch time in a couple of weeks is it?

    Just in time for my birthday.


    Hey Dean!!!

    What are you getting me for my birthday?
    How about ANOTHER pair of 'emergency glasses' from primark...a pair from their 'European designer' range...that'll be about £1.50 then, as opposed to their more standard 'ten bob' Chinese stuff
  10. 05 Mar '13 21:17
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    How about ANOTHER pair of 'emergency glasses' from primark...a pair from their 'European designer' range...that'll be about £1.50 then, as opposed to their more standard 'ten bob' Chinese stuff
    I always said you were a cheapskate.
  11. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    06 Mar '13 01:59
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I always said you were a cheapskate.
    'Cheapskate' ?? Well, I wouldn't quite go that far, REALLY !!



    'Purveyor of all things NASTY,' is fine, I'm far happier with that moniker thank you