1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 12:38
    I would like to market RedHotPawn at the local library, local chess club, or elsewhere (if it's okay?) and need some help...

It would be a great help if there is a poster af some kind, like a PDF-file or something, so I just could print it out and pin to the wall.

Is it possible to design such a poster? Preferably in color, but b/w is equally good.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 13:061 edit
    Hey! You made a subscription. Good for you. 🙂
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 13:37
    Yes, now I am a honorable subscriber!

I found out the way to enter the subscription fee. And I did!

So I'm in a tournament, member of a Clan (the best!), and don't have to limit myself to a lousy six games.

Red Hot Pawn is the best place and best way to cure my chess addiction! (Or make it worse!😲
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 13:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Red Hot Pawn is the best place and best way to cure my chess addiction! (Or make it worse!😲
    Speaking from two months (or so) of subscriber experience, I can say it's going to make it worse. 🙂
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 14:32
    Originally posted by stocken
    I can say it's going to make it worse. 🙂
    Putting out fire with gasoline, you mean?

Well, I've seen people here trying to handle hundreds of games simultaneously, sitting hour after hour, shuffling pieces around the board with the (tick, tock) clock hanging over them... I don’t want to be like them – for a while.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 16:45
    Definitely make it worse.

The idea with the poster is great. Maybe you could even try to design it yourself?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 17:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    The idea with the poster is great. Maybe you could even try to design it yourself?
    I'm working on it right now, but the text will be in Swedish for my own purposes. To be pinned on public pinboard and chessclubs in my home town.

If I'm allowed by the RHP staff...?
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 18:021 edit
    I'm working on it right now, but the text will be in Swedish for my own purposes. To be pinned on public pinboard and chessclubs in my home town.

Why would they mind? You're about to bring them more business. In fact, they may just thank you somehow, if it turns out you bring new cash to their stash.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 20:17

If it turns out nice, it could be translated to different languages. I can't think of why Russ wouldn't allow it, but you could send feedback and ask.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:16
    I don't either noone will complain IF I do a good job.

But there is copyright laws on the RHP graphics so a 'Go ahead' from the staff would be appreciated.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 15:46
    I would say word of mouth is better, I would be more inclined to go on a website recomened by someone rather then from a poster. Thats how I found the site.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 15:54
    I found this magnificent site by searching for "chess" and "online" from Google.

By mouth is naturally the best but a poster would make me curious.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 15:541 edit
    Please feel free to use the images from the site in any non-commercial activity.

If you would like a high quality render of the flaming pawn, please just message me with your email address, and I will sent it on to you.

-Russ

BTW : I would love to see the result of your work. 🙂
  14. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 16:45
    Have you got a RHP coffee mug?

I've found it to be a very subtle way to advertise for the site.
    I take mine to work and various places. Anyone who likes the game will immediately strike up a comversation about it. Kind of like a 'who plays chess?' detector.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree