1. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:38
    Hi, a few of use have started a clan and the private forum function is being used quite a bit, but it is a pain navigating to the private forum to check for an update. Would be great if a notification appeared in your message items!

As I only belong to 2 clans, one which does not use the private forum at all, and the other one is quite active with several updates per day, I am not sure if this feature would be well received amongst the clans?

We would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 20:07
    Originally posted by druss
    Hi, a few of use have started a clan and the private forum function is being used quite a bit, but it is a pain navigating to the private forum to check for an update. Would be great if a notification appeared in your message items!

As I only belong to 2 clans, one which does not use the private forum at all, and the other one is quite active with several ...[text shortened]... feature would be well received amongst the clans?

Thanks
    Do you actually use your private forums?
    Gmph!
  3. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 21:34
    Originally posted by druss

As I only belong to 2 clans, one which does not use the private forum at all, and the other one is quite active with several ...[text shortened]... feature would be well received amongst the clans?

Thanks
    Good idea.
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 22:43
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Good idea.
    No. Bad idea. Just click on 'My Private Forums' and check the date of the last post. If it hasn't changed since last time, there are no new posts.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 11:27
    Yea thats what the site does go to my private forums and it tells you the times of your last post.
  6. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 22:50
    Actually, we use our private forum as we are really a secret society using RHP as a operations cover to communicate with our members. 😀

Seriously though, navigating to the private forum to see what is going on is actually quite tedious.

But if there is no demand...thatit is not my problem. I still want my feature! 😀😀
  7. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 14:42
    Good idea! Another way to do it would be if we were able to flag a particular thread (or threads). So, for example, if I flagged a thread, I'd be notified only if that particular thread had been updated.
  8. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 21:59
    Originally posted by Coconut
    No. Bad idea. Just click on 'My Private Forums' and check the date of the last post. If it hasn't changed since last time, there are no new posts.
    Common Coconut, change your plea please that way all posts would be positive.

Anyway, I was thinking of opting in for private forum notifications.
  9. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 11:22
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    Good idea! Another way to do it would be if we were able to flag a particular thread (or threads). So, for example, if I flagged a thread, I'd be notified only if that particular thread had been updated.
    Like that idea flag a thread and get messages to say they been replied to........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree