1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 04:26
    I was wondering if it would be a good idea to be able to invite other clans to your forums or maybe make a separate private forum with another clan...this might make the private forums a bit more active.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:22
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I was wondering if it would be a good idea to be able to invite other clans to your forums or maybe make a separate private forum with another clan...this might make the private forums a bit more active.
    Here's an idea: Don't join a boring clan with boring people.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 14:39
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Here's an idea: Don't join a boring clan with boring people.
    I didn't, but it would be nice to be able to invite other clans.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:00
    Tomtom has a good point.
    20 members is not very many to keep a good discussion going. If clans are joining in the same forum then the discussion can be very alive.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 16:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Tomtom has a good point.
    20 members is not very many to keep a good discussion going. If clans are joining in the same forum then the discussion can be very alive.
    Our clan has 20 members and the discussion is always active.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Our clan has 20 members and the discussion is always active.
    Yes, my clan has fewer than 20 members and the discussion is active, but it would still be nice to invite other clans because there are a lot of people who probably only post in private forums...being able to invite other clans will allow you to hear from these people who might have some nice insights.
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 07:09
    I beg to differ: Clan 24938
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 22:41
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I beg to differ: Clan 24938
    There is a specific reason to joining that clan and I am also in The Sacrifice Clan which, I have heard, is one of the most active clans around. My point is not only about private forum activity but also about hearing from others that you do not post in the public forums, and by two clans having a joint forum or maybe only a joint thread, you would be able to hear from those people.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 15:55
    There is a specific reason to joining that clan and I am also in The Sacrifice Clan which, I have heard, is one of the most active clans around. My point is not only about private forum activity but also about hearing from others that you do not post in the public forums, and by two clans having a joint forum or maybe only a joint thread, you would be able to hear from those people.
    I think it would be better to be able to invite individuals to a private forum if you wanted. If someone from another clan 'misbehaves' you can removed that individual rather than causing conflict between 2 clan leaders over what a member of another clan has done in a private forum.

There would be a password you can change at any time, and it is needed to join. Even then, you still need to accept the new visitor to let them read and post.

P-
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 23:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think it would be better to be able to invite individuals to a private forum if you wanted. If someone from another clan 'misbehaves' you can removed that individual rather than causing conflict between 2 clan leaders over what a member of another clan has done in a private forum.

There would be a password you can change at any time, and it is needed ...[text shortened]... to join. Even then, you still need to accept the new visitor to let them read and post.

P-
    I had thought of letting individuals in but thought it would be easier and more accepted to be able to invite whole clans. It can still be somewhat like what you propose where whole clans are invited but if one somebody becomes a troll then they can be kicked out. I was also thinking of being able to invite members that aren't in any clan, but I wonder if people are of the opinion that participating in private forums entails being in a clan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree