1. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 May '05 01:32
    There could be tournaments with entrance fees and the players that do the best get money. The site could also take a small commission from the entrance fees.
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    03 May '05 19:54
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    There could be tournaments with entrance fees and the players that do the best get money. The site could also take a small commission from the entrance fees.
    A lot of people do not enter a tournament to win it. However the odd $1,000 game might be interesting. (Although there might be more temptation to cheat, money corrupts)
  3. UK
    Moves
    03 May '05 21:01
    We do see the occasional sponsored tournament appear offering prizes, but these don't charge and depend upon prizes being donated by the sponsors.
    I should imagine charging to enter a cash-prize tournament would require a thorough knowledge of the gaming laws of all the countries that have RHP members.
    It's a nice idea, but probably much too much arse-ache to become reality.
  4. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 May '05 21:041 edit
    Not many people would join. Once somebody sees a 2000+ join then I think most of them would think that they have no chance of winning and wouldn't put up the money. You could solve this problem by limiting it by rating.

But there's still the problem that invigorate pointed out...

More people would be prone to cheat to get a chance to win the money.

In my opinion, winning money in tournaments is completly against the principles of RHP. Most people come here to learn or make friends, not to grab cash.
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '05 15:32
    If such tournaments existed would you then subscribe to the site so that you could enter them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree