1. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    08 May '11 22:11
    The site design really is a thing of art, and it's hard to find any fault at all. I do have two small suggestions, which may also boost subs.

I'd like to see a more prominent 'challenge me' link on a players profile page. At the moment this link does not render if you don't have an account, I think there may be a better solution. Instead render the link (assuming a challenge is possible), and send the user through to a registration page first.

This would really encourge me to help signup new users by sharing the page with my friends.

2. Along the same lines you might want to link profile pages into social media with some unintrusive 'Share This' icons, encouraging users to promote the site for you.

Thanks,

Tarpey
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '11 13:38
    Originally posted by Tarpey
    The site design really is a thing of art,
    Interesting, as we often feel the site is looking dated and in need of a good facelift, so user input on this is quite useful.

Other points all noted.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '11 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Interesting, as we often feel the site is looking dated and in need of a good facelift, so user input on this is quite useful.

Other points all noted.
    I like dated.

Too many sites these days try to be pretty. Most only succeed in being a loud explosion of colours and fonts, and lose most usability in the process.

The KISS principle should be hammered into the brain of every web designer with a large, nay gigantic, sledge-hammer.

Edit to clarify: I think this site, at least the Immortal Game skin (I rarely see the others) currently gets this mostly right.

Richard
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 May '11 20:25
    Originally posted by Russ

Other points all noted.
    When it needs a facelift, I am quite certain you will hear.

Until then nay, nay and thrice nay.
  5. e4
    Moves
    10 May '11 23:56
    Yeah keep things as they are design wise.
    Some info showing how many players are log on would be good. Not who, just how many.
  6. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    11 May '11 14:25
    I don't feel the site looks dated, but with that said I have only recently returned after a lengthy break so others might feel differently.

There's no harm giving the site an extra layer of polish but I'd say you've already nailed the layout & information architecture. This becomes even more apparent when the site becomes condensed onto mobile.redhotpawn.com - looks great!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree