Profiles

Standard memberRBHILL
Site Ideas 20 Apr '14 15:59
  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 15:59
    How about on profiles for someone's losses it shows the percentage of resigned games Compared to their checkmated games for that person.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How about on profiles for someone's losses it shows the percentage of resigned games Compared to their checkmated games for that person.
    What exactly would you gain from that information?

To me it would be quite useless.

A person with a lot of resignations as compared to checkmates could be a person entering a lot of tournaments and resigning due to gameload. Or it could be a player who sees when there is no hope.

A person having a lot of checkmates as opposed to resginations could be a player who stubbornly holds on until checkmate (their good right) or a person not realizing that they will be checkmated or a person trying to give the opponent the option to play out the win...
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 16:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    What exactly would you gain from that information?

To me it would be quite useless.

A person with a lot of resignations as compared to checkmates could be a person entering a lot of tournaments and resigning due to gameload. Or it could be a player who sees when there is no hope.

A person having a lot of checkmates as opposed to resginations cou ...[text shortened]... hey will be checkmated or a person trying to give the opponent the option to play out the win...
    It might let me know if I want to challenge that person.

Some sites show the percentage of people disconnecting from the game. So that's like showing that they would leave the game and let the time run out.
  4. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 22:45
    Is "losses by timeout" insufficient?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 15:03
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    So, in other words, you want a new benchmark by which you can discriminate against other players.

Ummm, no.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 23:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, in other words, you want a new benchmark by which you can discriminate against other players.

Ummm, no.
    No that's what the flags are for 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree