1. Joined
    07 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 14:09
    I suggest 2 ways to avoid the situation when player wins but his/her rating goes down.
    First, treat such games as unrated (the same as losing against 2500 rating).
    Second, to show warning at the beginning of such game suggesting to cancel it.

Of course, in the beginning as a provisional player I believed that raitings are calculated fairely and prefered to play chess instead of learning about rating calculation. So I have learned too late that system of provisional ratings is far from perfect and was quite dissapointed about that.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 18:59
    Originally posted by laurynas
    I suggest 2 ways to avoid the situation when player wins but his/her rating goes down.

Of course, in the beginning as a provisional player I believed that raitings are calculated fairely and prefe ...[text shortened]... te that system of provisional ratings is far from perfect and was quite dissapointed about that.
    That doesn't make any sense. 🙁
  3. Joined
    07 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 01:06
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    That doesn't make any sense. 🙁
    My proposal makes sense. Just think more 😉
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 05:48
    Originally posted by laurynas

Of course, in the beginning as a provisional player I believed that raitings are calculated fairely and prefe ...[text shortened]... te that system of provisional ratings is far from perfect and was quite dissapointed about that.
    Sorry for your loss.

🙄
  5. Joined
    07 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 10:57
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Sorry for your loss.

🙄
    You do not have to, but of course it is so sweet of you 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree