1. Joined
    29 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 09:46
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the following feature:
    A public anaylze board which can be shared by more than two players and there all
    players can make moves. First player who wants to move for white or black should get the permission to move the piece. It should be possible that the same player can make multiple moves in a row. I must be possible to set up a arbitrary position.
    The board should be considered as an digital copy of an public chess board in a municipal park or something similiar where people say: "Ok let us examine this cool endgame by Capablanca !" Is the idea clear ?
    For the background: With this kind of software it would be possible to do some real chess training online.
    During the last year I analyzed with a colleague in out lunch hour a lot of endgames at a physical board.
    Because he is not longer in our office building we play now GAMES online.
    Bit this is not the thing we would really like to do.
    A chess board like suggested above would serve our desires much more !

PS.: I already posted this thread to the developers group but I think this is a better place for evaluation.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 12:29
    Given the amount of work involved in doing this, perhaps a paid-up subscriber should be making the request?
  3. Joined
    29 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 13:32
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Given the amount of work involved in doing this, perhaps a paid-up subscriber should be making the request?
    On the other hand RHP could attract new players and chess teachers with such a feature. May be I'm wrong but I could not find out such a public analyze board somewhere.
    And if RHP would offer this service on port 80 this would especially cool.
    Requiring special ports is always a NO for people behind strict firewalls.
  4. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 13:52
    Originally posted by ospler
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the following feature:
    A public anaylze board which can be shared by more than two players and there all
    players can make moves. First player who wants to move for white or black should get the permission to move the piece. It should be possible that the same player can make multiple moves in a row. I must be possible to set up a arb ...[text shortened]... posted this thread to the developers group but I think this is a better place for evaluation.
    A good idea, though I'm not sure if I understand right - is this a virtual demonstration board where all can view but only one can make moves at a given time? I haven't seen anything like that implemented, either, but I can see a huge benefit for all involved - less time in demonstrating something /be it tactics, some repeating motif in an endgame, opening trap, etc./, less strain to novice players who are not accustomed to following long and cumbersome notation. But I can also foresee a lot of server load coming from such a feature. All in all, a great idea for any chess community.
  5. Joined
    29 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 14:14
    Originally posted by ilywrin
    [b]A good idea, though I'm not sure if I understand right - is this a virtual demonstration board where all can view but only one can make moves at a given time?
    No, all can view and ALL can MOVE !
    The idea came from our daily chess analyze session at a physical chess board.
    We usually analyzed three to five endgames from J.Averbak together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree