1. Georgia, USA
    Joined
    11 Dec '05
    Moves
    28485
    07 May '10 01:09
    There should be a designation on someone's win/loss record when someone just quits and refuses to move in one game while continuing to make moves in other games.

    I know that life happens and sometimes people lose their access to computers and can get timed out - I'm not talking about those situations.

    But when I've got some punk beat - and I can clearly see that he's making moves in other games, while refusing to move or concede in my game, that's bullcrap. I refused to claim the skull, but a win by timeout was eventually "awarded" to me. I deserved a checkmate victory or a submission. More importantly, the punk in question deserves a clear, distinguishing blemish on his record for acting like a coward.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    07 May '10 13:17
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    There should be a designation on someone's win/loss record when someone just quits and refuses to move in one game while continuing to make moves in other games.

    I know that life happens and sometimes people lose their access to computers and can get timed out - I'm not talking about those situations.

    But when I've got some punk beat - and I can cl ...[text shortened]... question deserves a clear, distinguishing blemish on his record for acting like a coward.
    You chosed to refuse to time him out. That's your decision, not his. Don't blame him for that.

    He acted according to rules, he didn't do anything against the rules of chess nor RHP. Yo won and you're not happy?

    What if he gave up the game, and you didn't get the well awarded check mate, would you be as angry as now? You shouldn't. Exactly the same situation. He gave up by abandoning the game. You got the point and your rating, and he didn't. Why would you want to punish him more than that?

    Don't be angry. You won. That's it.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    07 May '10 15:53
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    There should be a designation on someone's win/loss record when someone just quits and refuses to move in one game while continuing to make moves in other games.

    I know that life happens and sometimes people lose their access to computers and can get timed out - I'm not talking about those situations.

    But when I've got some punk beat - and I can cl ...[text shortened]... question deserves a clear, distinguishing blemish on his record for acting like a coward.
    Then again you have 71 timeout losses so you obviously refused to move within the agreed time limits. Maybe you were also moving in other games at the same time, yes/no?

    Is so no different to this.

    Move on
  4. Berks.
    Joined
    27 Nov '04
    Moves
    41991
    07 May '10 21:25
    You could have taken the win with 30. Nd8#
  5. Georgia, USA
    Joined
    11 Dec '05
    Moves
    28485
    07 May '10 21:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You chosed to refuse to time him out. That's your decision, not his. Don't blame him for that.

    He acted according to rules, he didn't do anything against the rules of chess nor RHP. Yo won and you're not happy?

    What if he gave up the game, and you didn't get the well awarded check mate, would you be as angry as now? You shouldn't. Exactly the same s ...[text shortened]... Why would you want to punish him more than that?

    Don't be angry. You won. That's it.
    If he gave up and submitted the game, it would be a legitimate win on my record. By refusing to move it goes down as a "timeout" win. Do you not understand that there is a significant difference? And that I earned a legitimate win not a win with an asterick...
  6. Georgia, USA
    Joined
    11 Dec '05
    Moves
    28485
    07 May '10 21:56
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Then again you have 71 timeout losses so you obviously refused to move within the agreed time limits. Maybe you were also moving in other games at the same time, yes/no?

    Is so no different to this.

    Move on
    Dumb ass - those were games that I lost when I temporarily did not have computer access. I was not moving in some games while wimping out and refusing to move in others.

    I see now why people consider these forums an absolute waste of time.
  7. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    32836
    07 May '10 22:25
    See, your problem here is that absolutely nobody cares.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    797086
    08 May '10 00:05
    I see where he is coming from though. There a lot of bad losers on RHP. I have claimed many timeouts where the game was won but my opponents have stopped moving in my games and choose to run out the clock.
    It is never the same skulling as mating but either way the win is nice.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    318121
    08 May '10 00:31
    This is why timeout wins must pay off exactly the same as checkmate wins.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    08 May '10 01:38
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    Dumb ass - those were games that I lost when I temporarily did not have computer access. I was not moving in some games while wimping out and refusing to move in others.

    I see now why people consider these forums an absolute waste of time.
    You say you temporarily did not have computer access but was that really the case or did you just wimp out?

    You have taken enough timeout wins - are we to assume you did so because you were in a losing position? After all you are moaning about a timeout win when you were winning the game.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    08 May '10 06:01
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    If he gave up and submitted the game, it would be a legitimate win on my record. By refusing to move it goes down as a "timeout" win. Do you not understand that there is a significant difference? And that I earned a legitimate win not a win with an asterick...
    Timeout wins are 100% legitimate. Serious players understand this. There is no 'asterisk'.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    08 May '10 06:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This is why timeout wins must pay off exactly the same as checkmate wins.
    They do.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    08 May '10 06:531 edit
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    If he gave up and submitted the game, it would be a legitimate win on my record. By refusing to move it goes down as a "timeout" win. Do you not understand that there is a significant difference? And that I earned a legitimate win not a win with an asterick...
    I don't see any asterisk? A win is always a win. Regardless.

    You're not just a whiner, are you?
  14. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86845
    08 May '10 14:39
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    There should be a designation on someone's win/loss record when someone just quits and refuses to move in one game while continuing to make moves in other games.

    I know that life happens and sometimes people lose their access to computers and can get timed out - I'm not talking about those situations.

    But when I've got some punk beat - and I can cl ...[text shortened]... question deserves a clear, distinguishing blemish on his record for acting like a coward.
    Just take the effin skull and move on, who cares if your opponent is a dickless weed.
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    42
    Joined
    16 Mar '07
    Moves
    7738
    08 May '10 21:23
    My advice is to get over it. Try it, it might work.
Back to Top