1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 13:01
    When quoting previous posts, it would be nice if we could also include previous posts quoted in that quote also. This could maybe build up to a maximum of 4 or 5 quotes. This would enable:

a) Stop people having to go searching through a thread when someone has quoted something from a few pages before, especially if a thread has moved quickly overnight when you were asleep.
    b) Stop ambiguity to what a collection of posts were reffering to.

If this has been suggested before, I apologise for the repetition.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 13:58
    Nested quotes are annoying.

What I would like though is the ability to quote more than one post at a time. Or perhaps split a single post into multiple quotes so each part can be addressed. Currently I do this manually by bolding the quoted sections and replying between them but it's messy and a little annoying (especially when you mess up the tags).
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 14:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Nested quotes are annoying.

What I would like though is the ability to quote more than one post at a time. Or perhaps split a single post into multiple quotes so each part can be addressed. Currently I do this manually by bolding the quoted sections and replying between them but it's messy and a little annoying (especially when you mess up the tags).
    I understand that a mass of nested quotes could be annoying, which is why i think a limit should be applied, even if a small one. This would help distinguishwhat a quote was referring to.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 07:32
    Agreed, more functionality is desperately needed for the forums.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 08:44
    Originally posted by welsharnie
    When quoting previous posts, it would be nice if we could also include previous posts quoted in that quote also. This could maybe build up to a maximum of 4 or 5 quotes. This would enable:

a) Stop people having to go searching through a thread when someone has quoted something from a few pages before, especially if a thread has moved quickly overnight ...[text shortened]... f posts were reffering to.

If this has been suggested before, I apologise for the repetition.
    You do realize, that despite the popularity of the forums, this is first and foremost a correspondance chess site?

Having said that, wouldn't it be nice (if Russ can find the time) to have a link back to the quoted post? That way, if I read a post and I'd like to see the post which is quoted, I click the internal link that shall then take me to that particular post. I can backstep all the way to the original post and then use the browser history buttons to step back through that line of discussion within the thread.

But, like I said, the forums are secondary and should be treated as such (in my opinion).
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 12:59
    Originally posted by stocken
    You do realize, that despite the popularity of the forums, this is first and foremost a correspondance chess site?

Having said that, wouldn't it be nice (if Russ can find the time) to have a link back to the quoted post? That way, if I read a post and I'd like to see the post which is quoted, I click the internal link that shall then take me ...[text shortened]... t, like I said, the forums are secondary and should be treated as such (in my opinion).
    Of course, but there was no harm in suggesting.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 13:08
    Originally posted by welsharnie
    Of course, but there was no harm in suggesting.
    Quite right. 🙂
  8. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    31 Jan '06 13:11
    Originally posted by stocken
    Lies and Filth!!! Lies and Filth!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree