1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 14:53
    How about setting up a thematic tourney that is hidden from the entrants. Basically you sign up for the tourney but you don't know what the opening will be. Each subsequent round is a new position, thus keeping everyone on unfamiliar territory.

You could even theme them, ie; Gambit thematic (openings involving pawn sacrifices), Closed thematic (openings that lead to closed positions), etc...
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 16:11
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    How about setting up a thematic tourney that is hidden from the entrants. Basically you sign up for the tourney but you don't know what the opening will be. Each subsequent round is a new position, thus keeping everyone on unfamiliar territory.

You could even theme them, ie; Gambit thematic (openings involving pawn sacrifices), Closed thematic (openings that lead to closed positions), etc...
    not that this has anything to do with your idea, but what happened to the old avatar?
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 03:09
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    not that this has anything to do with your idea, but what happened to the old avatar?
    Yeah, I liked your old avatar.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 03:17

I like the idea. It would give lower-rated players a chance and higher-rated players a variety.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 11:32
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I'm just paying temporary homage to The Mighty Boosh. Mutant psychedelic bunny will be back, he's just feeling a bit sick from all those carrots. 😉
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 15:05
    I'm just paying temporary homage to The Mighty Boosh. Mutant psychedelic bunny will be back, he's just feeling a bit sick from all those carrots. 😉
    good to know

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree